Jeff Brinson?

Ok, apparently it was thought that he had a bone spur, but it turns out he has two mis-aligned bones in his foot, and needs surgery.

Brinson should get a medical redshirt so he could play 4 full years...this condition sounds serious...hope the surgery goes well...Good luck JEFF!!

Jeff Brinson is done for the season, most likely. Per his FB page he is having surgery on Thursday...
Here's to his quick and successful recovery! He is in the best city in the country to get fixed up properly...

I wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave Iowa, especially if Brad Rogers turns out to be another Shonn Greene. We are loaded at RB if everyones healthy. I wish him Gods speed.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were to leave Iowa, especially if Brad Rogers turns out to be another Shonn Greene. We are loaded at RB if everyones healthy. I wish him Gods speed.

I see him staying. I mean, since when has everyone stayed healthy!?!

Jewel is supposedly, when healthy, our best RB. Ferentz said that Jewel and Jeff were neck and neck last year. Meaning that Jeff is basically #2, when healthy. Maybe #1, again, when healthy. Hampton is trying to recover from knee surgery, Brinson is having toe surgery. Which one would be more difficult to recover from? No doubt the knee surgery...

Also, Brinson would be up for a 5th year of eligibility for certain - the medical redshirt. He was out medically last year and now this year. MEANING, Jeff Brinson would only be a Freshman next season. With all of the sophmores, having Jeff around for an extra year would be Perfect for the Hawkeyes!

Yes, best of luck to Jeff!!

I see him staying. I mean, since when has everyone stayed healthy!?!

Jewel is supposedly, when healthy, our best RB. Ferentz said that Jewel and Jeff were neck and neck last year. Meaning that Jeff is basically #2, when healthy. Maybe #1, again, when healthy. Hampton is trying to recover from knee surgery, Brinson is having toe surgery. Which one would be more difficult to recover from? No doubt the knee surgery...

Also, Brinson would be up for a 5th year of eligibility for certain - the medical redshirt. He was out medically last year and now this year. MEANING, Jeff Brinson would only be a Freshman next season. With all of the sophmores, having Jeff around for an extra year would be Perfect for the Hawkeyes!

Yes, best of luck to Jeff!!

It depends on what toe it is...if you have a big toe injury it can be a never ending injury...its more common in basketball but I know that Shaq has had like 20 surgeries on his big toe and it is still crazy painful and he has to get resurged every year...

Well it sounds like we are loaded at RB, but i am little nervous about our "starters" who have experience.

Jewell, a knee is injury is never a easy thing to over come and remember one good shot on that knee, and it could happen again. You just never know with these types of injuries how they are going to respond and heal. Jermelle Lewis had a bad knee injury his junior year and I still think to this day, he was never the same again.

A-Rob, His ankle hopefully will heal, but sometimes ankle injuries can have a way of not going away. I had a buddy who broke is ankle as a freshman in HS and it still hasn't healed properly. It still bothers him, and he has had surgery on it and everything.

Wegher: Seems to be our best bet at RB for next year, barring any injuries this year. People say his ribs hurt, well i am sure they do. If he gets a good shot to them, he could be lost for the season as well.

Brinson: still hasn't seen the field except for the ISU game in which he carried the ball 2 times. This kid sounds like his injury is one that could be fixed, but he still has not game experience yet.

So our so called depth really depleted this year, and I know we are getting two good New Recruits, but we really only have one guy who saw significant playing time that did not suffer a major injury (wegher.)

This next two weeks are going to be very scary, we are gonna need the WR and TE's to step up and catch every ball that ricky throws. KOK will be pulling all the rabbits out of the hats on saturday, we are gonna need a few trick plays to get past Indiana!

i assume he will stay... I mean Iowa is the BEST team in the nation at relocating players to other positions. If he doesn't play RB i think he'd be a good fit for linebacker since he's a bigger guy w/ nice speed and good hands... I mean that's just a guess but we'll see...

Never rule out someone else moving positions either. If we are deep at RB, Rogers to FB next year?? Wegher wr, slot, 3rd down back? As mentioned, how will Hampton's return be? Put all of our guys including incoming frosh Coker and it looks like we have a lot of quality depth but lots of questionmarks as well.

If i'm Brinson, i look at whats going on here at Iowa and think, I have a chance to start or rotate next year on a top ranked team.

Latest posts