JBo!

giphy.gif

Not trying to read into it THAT hard....but the fact that Fran would play him in an exhibition makes me think he must be in pretty good position to play this year.

In the process of transcribing Fran's teleconference. Will post this afternoon.

Here's what he had to say about Jordan this morning:

Let's start with the Jordan Bohannon question. How is he coming along and have you talked about a timeframe for when he might be able to play in a game?

Fran McCaffery: I think he'll play some on Monday (in an exhibition against Lindsey Wilson College). He had a good practice (Tuesday). He's getting back into it. We'll see how it goes. He's not where he wants to be. He's not where he could be. But I've been really impressed with his determination to get back to where he's one of the best players in our league. So, we'll take it one day at a time here with practice and the exhibition game. We'll see if he can play through it. If not, we'll shut him down.

In the process of transcribing Fran's teleconference. Will post this afternoon.

Here's what he had to say about Jordan this morning:

Let's start with the Jordan Bohannon question. How is he coming along and have you talked about a timeframe for when he might be able to play in a game?

Fran McCaffery: I think he'll play some on Monday (in an exhibition against Lindsey Wilson College). He had a good practice (Tuesday). He's getting back into it. We'll see how it goes. He's not where he wants to be. He's not where he could be. But I've been really impressed with his determination to get back to where he's one of the best players in our league. So, we'll take it one day at a time here with practice and the exhibition game. We'll see if he can play through it. If not, we'll shut him down.

"So, we'll take it one day at a time here with practice and the exhibition game. We'll see if he can play through it. If not, we'll shut him down."

More or less it sounds like he's gonna give it a try the next few days and for the exhibition. If he's feeling some pain they might shut it down completely. Probably the smart move to not take any chances with eligibility rulings if there is some doubt on being able to play mostly pain free all season.

What has impressed you the most about him right now and the way he's been able to come back like this?

FM: He did everything he was supposed to in the beginning. That was important. And then he was very methodical in his approach, a little bit on the bike and then a little bit of jogging and then a little bit of shooting, spot shooting, then he was running and cutting. Before he did anything that might have involved contact, he was up to speed. Then he went back out and started playing. He's had some really good days. He's had some bad days, which was to be expected. He's been very professional with how he's handled that. We'll see where it goes from here.

Hopefully, he will be a solid backup this year. I think Fran will probably play him until he can't play anymore or lose his redshirt. I imagine Fran knew Pemsl was going to redshirt last year when he was playing in the Iowa State game.

Hopefully, he will be a solid backup this year. I think Fran will probably play him until he can't play anymore or lose his redshirt. I imagine Fran knew Pemsl was going to redshirt last year when he was playing in the Iowa State game.

Jordan will be a solid back up this year?

I'm still not convinced Jbo will play all year. I think he tests it out for the first few games and then decide if he can go all season or not.

If he’s healthy enough to suit up and play he will start (tonight might be a different story).