JBo, you sneaky bast...

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

You didn't play N. Car., you played US. Lulled us to sleep, all the while you were laying low, biding your time, saving your energy, and playin' possum. Welcome back!
Take tomorrow off, relax, enjoy the win while I salt and pepper this crow on my plate. (Salsa?)
Then, you sneaky basta.., keep workin' on your defense!

When you are a pure shooter like JBo you know the shot is there, it just needs to come out. There was no reason to worry in those first 3 games. When the big stage was there, the focus was there.

Well, he hasn’t played competitive basketball in a calendar year and is coming off of back to back hip replacements. I think people would even give Superman a couple days to get back to normal in that kind of scenario. He’s the best 3 point shooter in the country.
Pretty sure they "just" shaved some bone off his hips. It's not hip replacement.

Pretty sure they "just" shaved some bone off his hips. It's not hip replacement.
Ok cool, either way he’s coming back off injury and hasn’t played at this level very much the last 2 seasons. I think we can give him some adjustment time before we need him benched, but that’s just me

And he said after the game he didn't think he shot all that well.... Dude had me too. I wasn't sure what to expect from him this yr after the first few games. Then he goes out and does that. Happy as hell for the kid. Team needed it too. UNC made it tough on Garza he didn't have his best game. But JB, JW and CJ all stepped up. 17 3s between them and they left some on the table. We haven't even seen them at their best yet. Scary for the rest of the league

He looked to be moving a lot smoother I’m damm excited for him. I forgot how absolutely fearless he is... I think opponents don’t really believe he is that dangerous until he does it to them. Watching the two N. Carolina players flying at him as he drained that 30 footer was priceless. Now they gotta explain to Williams why they left him open, love to hear them try to explain that to him.

Now they gotta explain to Williams why they left him open, love to hear them try to explain that to him.
That should be an easy explanation as the reason why the 3 point shooters were left open was because of the defense the coaches had called. The zones they were using against Iowa were designed to stop Garza and force Iowa to beat them from the outside, which they did. If the perimeter shooters keep knocking down the 3's Iowa will be impossible to defend.

Duke saw the potential Jordan Bohannon had

Way Back Then:

I am starting to like JBo. He seems smart, lot of court savvy. He is much more comfortable this game. His passing is very good. Especially that pass to Tyler to end the half.

He just might be the starting point guard later on in the season. He looked comfortable out there, more than last game for sure.

I might be wrong but it appeared that our perimeter stinks. Wonder if we should leave Baer on the perimeter, maybe guarding their best shooter of the one who is hot.

The interior D seems lackluster, along with rebounding.

Oh yeah, Jordan does like to shoot the ball without fear or sense of redemption.

Virginia Looms

I think I rather have Jbo playing off the ball with Conner or JoeT running the point late in close games. Lot of factors go into this..... foul trouble, injuries, etc. Garza, JW, CJF, Jbo, and either JoeT or Conner are the 5 I want out there to close out tight games.

I think I rather have Jbo playing off the ball with Conner or JoeT running the point late in close games. Lot of factors go into this..... foul trouble, injuries, etc. Garza, JW, CJF, Jbo, and either JoeT or Conner are the 5 I want out there to close out tight games.

Ball control by Connor and Jordan

Plus their expert free trow shooting %

Make it imperative to have them on the floor

Protecting a lead

:cool:

Latest posts