Jake Rudock has got to be breathing a sigh of relief...

KKHawk1

I've been reading/listening to a lot about this UofM saga, and it seems like it's just spinning out of control with the NCAA president saying that he wouldn't take the death penalty off the table (granted, it will never happen). Rudock has got to be feeling pretty good about choice to come north. I just remember all of those rumors going around that he was decommitting and staying home.

On another note, Al Golden has got to be telling his agent to get him out of Miami ASAFP. What a terrible position he is in.

Being that this just really broke in the last week or 2, he would have been way behind everyone else and possibly choose a school on a whim. At the very minimum, he would be redshirting and competing with guys that have a comfortability with his chosen program...pain in the ***, nonetheless.

I've been reading/listening to a lot about this UofM saga, and it seems like it's just spinning out of control with the NCAA president saying that he wouldn't take the death penalty off the table (granted, it will never happen). Rudock has got to be feeling pretty good about choice to come north. I just remember all of those rumors going around that he was decommitting and staying home.

On another note, Al Golden has got to be telling his agent to get him out of Miami ASAFP. What a terrible position he is in.
Rudock was not going to UM regardless of the rumors. Coach Smith, his former high school coach, knew it was Iowa all the way. Jake and his dad were both very impressed with the UofI medical school. His father is a big Miami fan and a powerful lawyer in Miami, but he was 100% behind Jakes committing to Iowa. I think his dad was well aware of the Shipiro scandal that was going to be coming down the road. Miami won't be playing in a bowl for, well, maybe never.

Yeah, but with what is coming out, Jake is probably kicking himself for not taking an official visit.

It sure sounds like it was a lot more fun to visit the Canes than Iowa City.

Agree with the OP. If Ruddock at all was considering Miami after the new coaching staff came in and made a late push, I am betting he is thankful he did not take the bait. As for Groden, well ... depending on how deep this goes it will definitely impact recruiting at least for a couple of years ...

You do wonder if other boosters of Miami were really aware of Nevin Shapiro's largesse toward the players? On one hand, boosters like Jake's dad are very busy people and do not run around following players to clubs or Shapiros house or boat.
That will be the President Shalala's story,I am sure.
On the other hand, Miami is a big town,but not that big. Boosters do talk,and so do club-owners and resturant owners. You would think that the gossip would be around at least,with rumors of Miami players living very high on the hog.

Bottom line, that is why I could never see something on this scale ever occurring in Iowa City...too small a town.

As for Jake, he made the right call,and is going to be perfect fit for our offense and culture at Iowa. He could very well have a 3 year run at starting QB on a good Big Ten team....and,there are pretty coeds at Iowa also,so he can have some fun while he attends college.

Latest posts