Jahlil Okafor

Kid is a top 10 kid in his class. He already has an Illinois offer as well as other top programs. Iowa is a little late to the party on this one. How a top ten player in Illinois doesnt get an Iowa offer til after so many other programs have already done so, is curious. What are they waiting for.........gotta watch a little more film?
Sorry Imported, but there is no chance.

I once knew a guy who claimed to have met Jimmy Carter. His character was questionable at best. But sometimes I wonder...

Kid is a top 10 kid in his class. He already has an Illinois offer as well as other top programs. Iowa is a little late to the party on this one. How a top ten player in Illinois doesnt get an Iowa offer til after so many other programs have already done so, is curious. What are they waiting for.........gotta watch a little more film?
Sorry Imported, but there is no chance.

Really, late to the party? seriously. The kid is a sophomore with a few offers from a couple B10 schools. Some are not late.

What if he just showed interest now. Hawks aren't going to waste time with someone who has no interest. I doubt Iowa gets him, but you never know. 2014 is a long ways a way. Lots of things could change.

Farmer, the kid has lots of offers and suitors. Follow the Chicago basketball scene and you will see he has been talked about since he was in 8th grade. DePaul offered him while he was still in 8th grade then had to rescind the offer later. The data bases aren't accurate when checking for offers, especially with the under classmen.
You don't wait for kids like this to show interest. You make contact and cultivate the relationship.

I listened to the Monday night radio show and liked what McCaffrey had to say about recruiting. Reading between the lines, we aren't very athletic (shocking I know) and he talked about the guys next year being outstanding defenders, shooters and scorers (all lacking on the current team). When asked about open scholies, he said ideally a high flyer 6"6 slashing wing who can put it on the floor, defend and finish.

Thanks for sharing the link....looks promising.

3 kids from Chi town that are 5* with offers from Iowa
recruiting is only going to get better
now who want to fire the 1st lets fire Fran shot, after his 2nd season

Latest posts