Jack Nunge Suffers Season-Ending Knee Injury

such a huge blow for this team. I had been LOVING him at the 5, we took a little bit of a drop offensively but took a huge step forward defensively when he was in the game. It's big loss IMO.

how can anyone not feel awful for him personally? and, now we will see how much he will be missed, in spite of the nonsense posted by a few who love to find a reason to attack him. Oh, my! he has actually had a couple of disappointing games...

how can anyone not feel awful for him personally? and, now we will see how much he will be missed, in spite of the nonsense posted by a few who love to find a reason to attack him. Oh, my! he has actually had a couple of disappointing games...
At least the meniscus is repairable. You get to a certain age and the only option may be to remove it, opening the door for arthritis and osteoporosis.

I had a slight tear on the edge of my meniscus at 49, having just recovered from plantar fascitis which may have caused it, basically ended my running career. It wasn't severe pain but it was constant, and hard to describe. Sort of like getting hot grease poured on it of that makes sense. I got a cortisone shot because we were taking a family vacation in the Smoky Mountains that would involve walking, hiking, and going to the top of Clingman's Dome.

It worked for the trip, but I had to give up running as I knew it if I didn't want the meniscus removed. I didn't, I already have some arthritis that would have been exacerbated. Six years later, I also have no pain, and I run package delivery routes that involve constantly getting in and out of the truck, getting in and out of the back, etc. My orthopedic surgeon says the tear, being positioned where it was, may have calcified.

Whatever the case, I'm glad I didn't have it removed. And I can still exercise as well. I just can't run 15-25 miles a week any more. I know there are gels and other meniscus implant options because ortho mentioned them to me but I have decided to this point not to go that route.

Last edited:
Tough break for Nunge. Been there done that on the ACL and cartilage tears. The ol knee just isn't the same after those types of injuries. Hang in there Nunge, Hawk fans pulling for you.

Sorry to hear this. Hope he sticks it out and doesnt retire. But would not blame him if he did. Not that I know, but I imagine the work it takes to come back from these types of injuries is enormous for a D1 athlete.

Oh man this kid has had a rough couple of years. Can't help but feel for him. It takes a little of the sting off to know that Fran and the team have his back...like they have through all of it. He's got a tough road ahead.
He's gonna be one tough SOB as a relatively young man after all he's been through.

Man, his emotional tank has to be on empty right now. Rooting for him either way. At 22 if he doesn’t have the energy to play high level basketball anymore I totally get it.

Brings back memories of Steve Kerr losing his dad to a Beirut assassination (where he was US ambassador) then blowing out his knee about a year and a half later.

Latest posts