Ivan Maisel (ESPN)

arlhtshawk

For all the ESPN conspiracists, Maisel had some nice things to say in his chat today. If between Iowa and USC for NC, would pick us.

I don't think Oregon will be a problem. The human polls will probably keep Boise ranked ahead of Oregon. If we won't get jumped by Boise-we won't by Oregon. That being said I hope they really put it on USC this weekend and we take care of business.

Ivan Maisel is usually pretty respectable to everybody, even as one who grew up in SEC territory. The last couple of weeks for the ESPNU Football podcast, he's had Iowa as his #5 team.

Now, Beano Cook, on the other hand... talk about a blow hard. I completely gave up on the ESPNU podcast until a couple of weeks ago because in the past he spent so much time crapping on the Big Ten.. And not just over the perception that the league was down. He would crap on the conference schedule, the non-conference scheduling. I'm wondering if, being a Pitt man, he's harboring some hatred toward PSU, and translating it to the Big Ten in general.

The only reason Oregon would be in national title talk is if they beat the crap out of USC. And when is the last time USC got blown out in a game?

Latest posts