Its time for a relaxing win

MikeinIA

I think its time for this team to come out early this Sat and score some early 1st quarter td's go up 14 - 0 and stay by at least 2 td's the entire game and cruise to a nice 34 - 10 victory. My heart can't take anymore of these close games. Please Hawkeyes do not play down to the level of the competition.

I was hoping this week would be one of those...still could be, but Iowa's already narrow margin for error got a lot smaller with some key injuries

I think its time for this team to come out early this Sat and score some early 1st quarter td's go up 14 - 0 and stay by at least 2 td's the entire game and cruise to a nice 34 - 10 victory. My heart can't take anymore of these close games. Please Hawkeyes do not play down to the level of the competition.

Its partly on the fans at the game to help keep the intensity up. The team feeds off of the fans energy. Do your part and show up and be loud every time on defense! If Iowa jumps out ahead, the fans need to stay loud and not put it on cruise control, as the team can feed off of that too.

Conventional wisdom (and history) says that there is bound to be a letdown this weekend. Just like the Purdue game last year coming off the Penn State win, and the Ark. St. game this year coming off the PSU game.

Indiana will have their chances this weekend, as there is no way that Iowa will be as "up" for this game as they were for the last 3 weeks.

I think the intensity will be outstanding in 1st quarter. The fans will be great welcoming the Hawkeyes back to Kinnick but I agree we can't let down and let them back in it.

Wishful thinking! The play action has lost its luster without a running game. We haven't had much of a running game all year and it just took a turn for the worse.

KOK will have to call a game similar to what we HAD to do in 2004. The play action isn't a threat. We will see what happens...

I don't know. Depends on the psychology of the Indiana team, and I doubt it's very good. They're going to walk into intimidation city at Kinnick on Saturday. Wouldn't want to be a patient trying to get some rest across the street that day. My guess is they'll fold early, if the Hawks can put up a couple of quick scores.

A squeaker against NW to lull the Buckeyes into their usual arrogance....

Last edited:
Agreed! Blowouts are low stress, and I think the fans and the Hawks need a low stress game. I know I do.

That being said, what we want to happen and what does happen are two different things. Iowa has a huge bullseye on its back from here on out and I think Indiana will be ready. This game will be closer than we think/hope.

I don't know. Depends on the psychology of the Indiana team, and I doubt it's very good. They're going to walk into intimidation city at Kinnick on Saturday. Wouldn't want to be a patient trying to get some rest across the street that day. My guess is they'll fold early, if the Hawks can put up a couple of quick scores.

A squeaker against NW to lull the Buckeyes into their usual arrogance....

They might be walking into intimidation city, but they'll also know that the last time they played at Kinnick they whipped Iowa and walked out with a win. Iowa's going to have their hands full on Saturday, along with the remainder of the home schedule. None of the teams Iowa will play at home the rest of the year will have as much on the line as Iowa does, so they're not going to have anything to lose.

You don't think Fitz would love to stick it to the Hawks the way Iowa did to his team in 2000? Or that Tim Brewster won't have his guys fired up?

Iowa can't afford to take anyone lightly.

Lets face it, we are not going to blow anyone out this year. We are too one dimensional this year. without a running a game, the teams are going to pressure stanzi and force him to beat teams with his arm. I think ricky is a great QB, but if we don't have a solid Running game, it puts a lot of pressure on ricky.

Lets face it, we are not going to blow anyone out this year. We are too one dimensional this year. without a running a game, the teams are going to pressure stanzi and force him to beat teams with his arm. I think ricky is a great QB, but if we don't have a solid Running game, it puts a lot of pressure on ricky.

Iowa is hardly one dimensional. We've averaged 123 rushing yrds per game.

Latest posts