Its about time

Ihawks61

Thats right I said it. Its about time we get behind this hawkeye team and all of its coaching. Fans complain on a regular basis on kok and NP, and i was one of them but i have come to realize that if you put good talent with game smarts on the field you will beat speed and talent every time.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying we don't have talent, we do, it may not be 5 star athletes but who cares when you can deliver smart players that are 3 star and making them play up to 4-5 star talent.
Iowa will go undefeated, if they play Florida or Alabama in the NC game don't be surprised if we win. This year the hawkeyes will fulfill their destiny

Good stuff, there's no doubt KOK gets way too much criticism and NP has his share too. Now if we lose three of our next five games, we shouldnt hear anything then either, but the haters will show up. Such is the nature of the fickle Hawkeye fan. Praise 'em when we win and hate 'em when we lose. Lets remember that players play these games, not the coordinators. Norm Parker was not on the field blocking two straight field goals to survive UNI. KOK was not on the field catching a TD in the corner of the endzone against Wisconsin. These guys prepare our players to make the plays and this year the players have been executing their plan to a perfect record. So give credit where credit is due, to the players. We all know neither KOK or NP have changed their gameplan much in the past decade. This year just proves that their game-plans are capable of producing a great season with the right players in there to execute.

Thats right I said it. Its about time we get behind this hawkeye team and all of its coaching. Fans complain on a regular basis on kok and NP, and i was one of them but i have come to realize that if you put good talent with game smarts on the field you will beat speed and talent every time.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying we don't have talent, we do, it may not be 5 star athletes but who cares when you can deliver smart players that are 3 star and making them play up to 4-5 star talent.
Iowa will go undefeated, if they play Florida or Alabama in the NC game don't be surprised if we win. This year the hawkeyes will fulfill their destiny

Amen.........Preach on Brother!!!!

Don't know if this puts me in the "haters" club, but I am still indifferent on KOK. This year he has done better with the play calling. The plays have been getting in on time and we haven't needed to burn timeouts. Also the jailbreak bubble screen hasn't been our go to play.

The execution by the players has certainly helped quiet the KOK critics (including me), but that doesn't mean I'm on the KOK bandwagon. We are not an offensive power house and never will be (by design). However, this year we are putting up more offensive points. But when you look at the Wisky first half. The offense did not do a good job sustaining drives. Our d was on the field way too much.

Stanzi is still Jekyll and Hyde. His development the rest of this year will tell us a lot about KOK's coaching ability. For me the jury is still out.

Last edited:

Latest posts