Isaiah Moss Announces Return to Iowa for Junior Season

If Moss makes that leap a lot of kids do between their soph/JR years it could really help this team. He's clearly got potential oozing out of him. He just needs to keep working and be confident out there on the floor. If Iowa is to have a bounce back year he's who I think will lead that charge

If Moss makes that leap a lot of kids do between their soph/JR years it could really help this team. He's clearly got potential oozing out of him. He just needs to keep working and be confident out there on the floor. If Iowa is to have a bounce back year he's who I think will lead that charge

he definitely needs to develop that motor and the "i can't be stopped" mentality. he could take over if he does those two things.

he definitely needs to develop that motor and the "i can't be stopped" mentality. he could take over if he does those two things.
He's shown glimpses of it too. Fran gives his guys the green light to play that aggressively. I think he's capable and if he's going to do it early on this year is when he will... Because if not than his confidence will be shot and good luck boosting that up in the middle of a season. He's too good of a player to avg 10/11 pts a game and he knows that.

I expected a lot out of Moss last year and was disappointed, but I still expect a lot more out of him this year. This will be his 4th year of college basketball, so he's basically a senior. Time for him to put it all together.

Hopefully, both Moss and Cook will have great years for Iowa basketball. They both will be upperclassmen, and they should have a lot of confidence. Iowa should have a pretty good team next year.

IMO Moss has the potential. It remains to be seen what he does with it. I was extremely confident both Cook and Moss would return. I am extremely confident that Cook is done after this year barring injury. And I am almost as sure about Moss. If he shows improvement I suspect he will try to get paid somewhere...and might even leave if he has a comparable season to this year.

I just like the idea of the balance that this team should be able to have.

JBo, Cook, Moss, and Garza should all be double digit scorers again. I honestly look for Joe to be probably our 5th best scorer. Baer was too aggressive last year. He needs to just let the game come to him a bit more. He an score from rebounds, steals and those kinds of play and just knock down the open 3. That's all we need from Baer. Dailey is another guy who should help and Nunge still has all that untapped potential.

I know we have to get better on D but I think this team will be good enough offensively to win a lot of games and if the D is even a little bit better, it should impact the W/L column.

Moss will be 22 years old when next season starts. He is who he is at this point I hope I am wrong. He will flash here and there, but you will never get the consistency that everyone wants. I don't think his basketball IQ is very high because there are times where he doesn't know where he is at on the floor. It will be more of the same, one night he will light it up for 30, the next you will be lucky if you get 10.

Moss will be 22 years old when next season starts. He is who he is at this point I hope I am wrong. He will flash here and there, but you will never get the consistency that everyone wants. I don't think his basketball IQ is very high because there are times where he doesn't know where he is at on the floor. It will be more of the same, one night he will light it up for 30, the next you will be lucky if you get 10.

Disagree but agree.

I’m not sure he has a high basketball IQ but I do think that’s something coaching can work to improve as well as his physical skill.

He’s also going to benefit from a better roster.

Latest posts