Isaac Haas is done

1hawkeye1

Broken elbow from a fall vs CS Fullerton. That sucks.

BTW, how does a 7'2" 290lb dude hit the floor as much as he does? Watched that game and I swear he crashed to the floor 4 times that I can remember.

I like Haas. I think you win with a big horse in the middle like that who can defend the rim and rebound at will. I have written many times that Woodbury seemed one of the most underappreciated players in my lifetime of following Iowa basketball. Garza I think will get there defensively and has the fire I really like to keep the guys around him playing hard. On a team as fragile as this which starts with the head coach we really need that.

Broken elbow from a fall vs CS Fullerton. That sucks.

BTW, how does a 7'2" 290lb dude hit the floor as much as he does? Watched that game and I swear he crashed to the floor 4 times that I can remember.

i was wondering the same thing. I've seen Haas "fall" in virtually the exact same way many, many times...over the years. me thinks it's learned to draw a foul. this time, it backfired. that's my opinion.

i was wondering the same thing. I've seen Haas "fall" in virtually the exact same way many, many times...over the years. me thinks it's learned to draw a foul. this time, it backfired. that's my opinion.

Good point and I've noticed the same with him but haven't seen any video of the fall today. What a shame for him and for the team for him to end his career that way. I thought Purdue might surprise along with Michigan. I really like how Painter has put that team together and wish Fran would take notes along with how Beilein plays at Michigan. Both teams defend and they both didn't get to the Big Ten tournament championship game by coincidence.

Good point and I've noticed the same with him but haven't seen any video of the fall today. What a shame for him and for the team for him to end his career that way. I thought Purdue might surprise along with Michigan. I really like how Painter has put that team together and wish Fran would take notes along with how Beilein plays at Michigan. Both teams defend and they both didn't get to the Big Ten tournament championship game by coincidence.

Hmmm. Michigan game last night was brutal to watch. BRUTAL. They go down in the next round, I predict.

Hmmm. Michigan game last night was brutal to watch. BRUTAL. They go down in the next round, I predict.

I haven't followed the tournament at all up to this point but thought I might check out our teams this weekend. What happened with Michigan? They may not have the athletes to get too far but I like the way they play defense- pleasing to see an offensive guy like Beilein figure out you have to play on that end.

I haven't followed the tournament at all up to this point but thought I might check out our teams this weekend. What happened with Michigan? They may not have the athletes to get too far but I like the way they play defense- pleasing to see an offensive guy like Beilein figure out you have to play on that end.
Neither team could hit the broad side of a barn. Also, frequent unforced turnovers.

1o6vt5.gif

Who is this “our teams” thing?

Thought I heard yesterday that Haas is practicing and wants to give it a go. They are going to put a brace/ protection of some kind on it within the rules and probably shoot him up to numb the pain. He wants to play and can’t blame him for trying.

Thought I heard yesterday that Haas is practicing and wants to give it a go. They are going to put a brace/ protection of some kind on it within the rules and probably shoot him up to numb the pain. He wants to play and can’t blame him for trying.

Good for him. Play through the pain big man. With Haas, Purdue has a legit shot at the Final 4.

Ronnie Lott would have chopped his arm off at the elbow and kept going.

Ok, a slight exaggeration.

BiIG representing well. If Watkins hadn't gotten hurt Penn State might have joined them. Their starting five at least were built for the dance.

Ronnie Lott would have chopped his arm off at the elbow and kept going.

Ok, a slight exaggeration.

BiIG representing well. If Watkins hadn't gotten hurt Penn State might have joined them. Their starting five at least were built for the dance.

Still hurts a little that we couldn't get Carr. Without him Penn St is a bottom feeder and with him Iowa certainly wouldn't have been this year.

Who is this “our teams” thing?

I root for the Big Ten teams in the tournament. I always want our conference to represent. Kind of disappointed to see Ohio State go down last night but Holtman will keep that program relevant and I would guess a force in the conference for awhile. Didn't stay up late enough to see the second half of the Michigan game but glad they escaped. Let's see what Purdue can do if Haas can play but I doubt they get much further without him at full strength but we'll see.

I root for the Big Ten teams in the tournament. I always want our conference to represent. Kind of disappointed to see Ohio State go down last night but Holtman will keep that program relevant and I would guess a force in the conference for awhile. Didn't stay up late enough to see the second half of the Michigan game but glad they escaped. Let's see what Purdue can do if Haas can play but I doubt they get much further without him at full strength but we'll see.

If this was UNC guard or Duke power forward, the brace WOULD be "NCAA Approved!", I bet...