Is Troy Tulowitzki really worth $157.75mm?

No way. I'm just glad the cubs finally weren't the idiots to overpay someone! Now, if Jeter gets anywhere near what he is asking, I will be very surprised. The dude is old and a player at his age is starting his decline.

Also saw that the Cardinals just traded for Ryan Theriot. I liked him and will hate to see him playing for the redbirds.

No he's not. He's worth more than that if he stays at his current production level or better. He has been worth $26 million per year over the last 3 years with almost freakish consistency. The guy is a great defensive SS and can rake at home and on the road.

Also saw that the Cardinals just traded for Ryan Theriot. I liked him and will hate to see him playing for the redbirds.

I actually laughed when i saw that...he was a good guy and always hustled, but is an avg every day player. He must really be hung up on getting back at cubs for trading him. Castro is going to be a stud, at the plate and in the field. KNowing the Cubs luck tho, Riot will make them pay when they play the cards.

No he's not. He's worth more than that if he stays at his current production level or better. He has been worth $26 million per year over the last 3 years with almost freakish consistency. The guy is a great defensive SS and can rake at home and on the road.

Not saying he isnt a good player but not even close to $157mm. Go back 2 season in '08 Tulo hit .263/8/46. I'll take Hanley Ramirez ($70mm) who is a fraction of the price over Tulo and possibly Starlin Castro after next year.

IIRC, Tulo was battling injuries in '08, as well has having the typical sophomore slump. He's an outstanding defensive shortstop, and has found his groove at the plate. He's well worth that kind of money, especially for the Rockies. They need to keep him.

He also doesn't take plays off, as Hanley is prone to do from time to time. Ramirez is more talented, especially at the plate. But Tulo is a great player too.

Tulo is worth every penny. Plus he does a lot in the community. It also is an investment to show the Denver area fans that they are committed to building the team around their home grown talent.

Latest posts