Is the Iowa Athletic Program on the Brink?

longtimer

No its not just the Dolphin thing. Clearly Dolphin thinks the way many fans have been thinking for some time. He is not a great play by play guy and probably needs to hang it up which is very possible at the end of the year, but the question of McCaffrey's ability to recruit and coach at a high level wont go away especially if we sink into mediocrity this year. Do fans really think he will recruit more successfully in the future? Why? If not is this the level fans will accept. I think this all puts more pressure on McCaffrey who apparently has had a shaky relationship with Dolph, which only adds to the drama. I like Dolphin but I dont think he is a great Play by play man, Probably no surprise to those of you who have read my posts i"m not overly fond of McCaffrey and I dont think he is a great coach It will be interesting

But on top of this drama we have many fans tired of the Ferentz Era and frustrated that a crazy buyout and the possibility of another Ferentz after the first one leaves. We are certainly not in the dumpster in football but their is a lot of unrest with the level and style of Iowa Football

Throw on top of all this is Barta. After dealing with lawsuits costing the university in many ways, providing the most ridiculous contract ever to a football coach, he is the man we have to count on when coaching jobs come open. That is a scary thought

Maybe not on the Brink but things sure don't seem overly bright

No, people just have too much time on their hands and love drama so they continue to talk about negative things instead of focusing on the positives, like Iowa’s two BBall programs being in the Top 14 and the Football team finishing 8-4 with all 4 losses that were a possession away from all being wins.
Everything is just fine, but Dolphin made a comment and now that is all anyone cares about because they love drama.

No, people just have too much time on their hands and love drama so they continue to talk about negative things instead of focusing on the positives, like Iowa’s two BBall programs being in the Top 14 and the Football team finishing 8-4 with all 4 losses that were a possession away from all being wins.
Everything is just fine, but Dolphin made a comment and now that is all anyone cares about because they love drama.
Yeah, can't y'all tell the AD wants this issue to just go away? o_O

As long as football and basketball programs are “serviceable” we are fine. FM teams have done decent to good, EXCEPT one yr, last year
Not making the NCAA tourney isn't decent or good and missing postseason play altogether certainly isn't decent or good.

We've completely missed postseason play 2 of Fran's 8 seasons and we've only made the NCAA tourney 3 out of Fran's 8 seasons. Essentially, we've been less than decent 62.5% of Fran's tenure.

You need to give Fran more time to get his new assistant coaches, Conner and Pat. They can become co-head coaches while Fran becomes assistant AD to Kirk!:Do_O

No its not just the Dolphin thing. Clearly Dolphin thinks the way many fans have been thinking for some time. He is not a great play by play guy and probably needs to hang it up which is very possible at the end of the year, but the question of McCaffrey's ability to recruit and coach at a high level wont go away especially if we sink into mediocrity this year. Do fans really think he will recruit more successfully in the future? Why? If not is this the level fans will accept. I think this all puts more pressure on McCaffrey who apparently has had a shaky relationship with Dolph, which only adds to the drama. I like Dolphin but I dont think he is a great Play by play man, Probably no surprise to those of you who have read my posts i"m not overly fond of McCaffrey and I dont think he is a great coach It will be interesting

But on top of this drama we have many fans tired of the Ferentz Era and frustrated that a crazy buyout and the possibility of another Ferentz after the first one leaves. We are certainly not in the dumpster in football but their is a lot of unrest with the level and style of Iowa Football

Throw on top of all this is Barta. After dealing with lawsuits costing the university in many ways, providing the most ridiculous contract ever to a football coach, he is the man we have to count on when coaching jobs come open. That is a scary thought

Maybe not on the Brink but things sure don't seem overly bright
No, Iowa's not on the brink, the players Fran will bring in next year will help immensely to fill the needs of the program. If Fran can land one 3 or 4-star player and get better by subtraction of a couple of players Iowa could be a legitimate Big 10 title contender. This year will depend on how fast Wisecamp and Conner can develop. Football is in safe but boring hands and like some like to repeat are a predictable 7 or 8 game winner. So my question is on the brink of what?

As long as we can have a successful run into the NCAA tourney the recruiting will take care of itself. It’s not like Fran hasn’t been trying to recruit 4 and 5 star guys. The end results just haven’t been there yet. If we can go deep in the tourney then recruits will be looking at us closer. Results will bring them in.

If you want to see someone on the brink you should go to youtube and watch Bobby knight on the golf course. I can see why they said he was hard on his players. Now Bobby Knight brought the Indiana program to the brink back in the day.

too many mccafferys involved now. hes not going anywhere for 5 years at least. no matter the record