Is kicking onside now going to be pointless?

HawkeyeHypnosis

Sorry if this has been talked about but I just watched the last part of the media day again, and at the end the head of B1G officials talked about the rule changes. He said that an onside kick would be treated as if the receiver call fair catch and that the defense can't just run up and go for the ball. I get that they want player safety, but doesn't this make it stupid to onside at all?

Yea i was wondering that. I wonder how the coaches will be practicing and teaching onside kicks now strategy now.

They could solve all of this if they got rid of kick offs and instead make it a 4th and 20 for the kicking team from the 35 yard line. This would eliminate the high speed collisions of kickoffs and a 4th and 20 would have about the same chances of success as an onside kick.

For those of you who are not following the team can either punt the ball or go for a 4th and 20.
Not a perfect solution but punts do not have the high speed collisions that knockoffs do.

High speed collisions on kickoffs is part of what makes the sport great! To many Nancy's out there swinging purses. Injuries are apart of the game. always have always will. Suck it up!

Latest posts