Is it Franuary

NCHawker

Well 2 losses in a row. Not the end of the world. Why is it that whenever I start to take an interest in Iowa's BB, schedule time and sit down to watch the hawks in January and February, they lose. Then I say, SSDD, not worth it, lose interest not watch. I hear on twitter that they're winning again. Rinse Repeat.

I'm wondering if this is SSDD for mid winter fading of Iowa basketball...we've seen it before. I know everyone protests "this year is different! we were ranked in the top 10! (a consensus of sportswriters' opinions) " Alas. I expect Iowa will go .500 the rest of the way. Teams have figured out how to neutralize Bohanon. Once that is done, Iowa becomes a pretty ordinary team with one guy who scores a lot. The legit top10 teams don't go 500 in february.

The UNC Fans reminded the delirious smack talking iowa fans that championships are won in February and March. Not December.

We'll see

Losing at Illinois is not a crime. Most of us, myself included, would have penciled that in as a loss three months ago.

Forget JBo, teams are figuring out how to control Garza. That's concerning. That ball should have gone into him five times in a row when he returned after his third foul. Kofi was bodying him well.. Luka had to throw up some slop late in possessions because he was being forced into tough areas.. And to be perfectly blunt, we were more effective in the second half when Nunge was on the floor.

To quote an anonymous coach, on the field or on the court, "You usually get what you earn." And thus far, this Iowa team has gotten what they've earned.

There are no laws that say once you hit a down spell, you have to stay there the rest of the year. So if we are in one right now, isn't it better to do it earlier so we are hopefully playing well at the end of the year again?

That said, we've played one bad game in the last 7, so I wouldn't call this a dry spell just yet.

No fade coming. Losing to anyone other than Nebraska, NW or PSU is not a shock in this Big 10. We’e still #4 Kenpom and have the POY.
I'd argue that Indiana should be in that group. They are not a good team.

There is no shame in losing a close one on the road to Illinois though.

Latest posts