Is Frederick out for tomorrow?

Not having CJ hurts. But they’ve had a week to figure it out.
This is where I'm at. His loss is huge if it happens in real time and you aren't prepared for it. The question is, who gets the benefit of the PT? I'm going with Murray. I really hope it's not Joe T. We need someone who's more of a threat to score and score from the outside and a shooter. If teams don't have to guard JT or CM on the perimeter, it makes guarding Iowa's other big 3 pretty easy for teams.

I don't know specifically what the injury is, I've heard it described as a "lower leg injury". I hope it isn't the foot that he had problems with last year. Would rather it be an ankle sprain. That is more predictable.

If CJ needs to heal, sit him. I would rather have him at full speed mid February into March than risk injuring him further now.
Before the season I thought Gonzaga and Illinois were the 2 games we were most likely to lose. We could have a healthy CJ, play well and lose. I don’t want to lose games we should win (like our last game) so I agree with sitting him.

This is where I'm at. His loss is huge if it happens in real time and you aren't prepared for it. The question is, who gets the benefit of the PT? I'm going with Murray. I really hope it's not Joe T. We need someone who's more of a threat to score and score from the outside and a shooter. If teams don't have to guard JT or CM on the perimeter, it makes guarding Iowa's other big 3 pretty easy for teams.
I think it will be Toussaint and Perkins. We will need Toussaint to play well even with CJ IMO.

Perkins got in last game. So with a week to prepare he seems like a logical choice. He just needs to take the 3 when they give it to him.

I also think there’s a thing with playing your home state school...chip on the shoulder. Ulis might get a look in this one.

Connor just needs to shoot more IMO. He’s shooting 41.7% (5 for 12) from 3 in our last 7 games. I think he can shoot this percentage going forward if he’s unguarded.

The team needs to rally behind CJF's loss. I agree about CMAC, teams are begging him to shoot. If he's hitting it just opens up that middle. It's gonna be a great game to watch

Connor just needs to shoot more IMO. He’s shooting 41.7% (5 for 12) from 3 in our last 7 games. I think he can shoot this percentage going forward if he’s unguarded.
I have always been a huge fan of Connor shooting, when he's that open. HE HAS TO. But imo, only if he's THAT open like he often sees. But, IMO that's always a good shot selection.

Reactions: trj
If Iowa goes and loses tonight in a tight game, tip your cap to IL, they are good team and it's incredibly hard to beat good teams on their home floor. No harm, move on, only March matters, nothing to glean too much out of it. Now, if we get our doors blown off, I am gonna be peeved and starting to worry. I expect Iowa to lose tonight, but I also expect them to put up a fight.

Unfortunately I think Illinois wins by double figures. The long layoff concerns me. I do expect them to battle, but I'm just not sure how sharp they will be.

I have always been a huge fan of Connor shooting, when he's that open. HE HAS TO. But imo, only if he's THAT open like he often sees. But, IMO that's always a good shot selection.

Conner's stroke isn't the prettiest, but you can't be labeled the guy with the broke shot. Then it becomes guys just not guarding you and double teaming elsewhere. When he has open looks, he's gotta shoot it ....keeps opposing teams honest

Day-to-day means what exactly? limited minutes? needs to shut it down for awhile? I guess I will find out in about 3.5 hours

Latest posts