Is an extra $3 Million worth playing OSU, PSU, and Wisky Less?

wuppup

At what point do we have enough money, and focus around our values and rivalries?

I feel like the sport I love is being ruined by money.

It's an unfortunate truth. Money wins all. Rivalries that have a national draw such as OSU and Michigan will probably always be around because it gets viewers. Iowa and Wisconsin is a great rivalry amongst its fans but isn't a priority to maintain on a national stage.

It's an unfortunate truth. Money wins all. Rivalries that have a national draw such as OSU and Michigan will probably always be around because it gets viewers. Iowa and Wisconsin is a great rivalry amongst its fans but isn't a priority to maintain on a national stage.

OSU never was a rivalry for us. They beat us like a red headed stepchild.

At what point do we have enough money, and focus around our values and rivalries?

I feel like the sport I love is being ruined by money.

you left out the part about getting Illinois back on the schedule, which is huge for me.

Well, Iowa and Wisconsin will never be a national stage rival, so what the hell are you talking about when you say "maintain"? An Iowa-Wisconsin game will draw more interest than a Maryland-Iowa game, though. Look, Kansas-Missouri was not some massive national rivalry game, but I watched some of the games. Border games/intrastate rivalries and a feeling of superiority that your hillbillies are better than your neighbors' hillbillies is ultimately what collegiate sports are all about. I don't work with Maryland grads, I don't know anyone who was dumb enough to go to RuTTTgers, about 7/8ths of the fun is hanging with buddies from competing schools and meeting up with them at tailgates or the bar and crushing brews and mocking them relentlessly when they lose to Iowa.

It really boils down to this, but the guys running the conferences just don't get it:

4808.jpg

Dwayne this had to be a great day for you. Conference Expansion with a team that loves the "alternate" uniforms...two of your favorite things!
Yeah, it's a real shartstorm. Can't wait to play Maryland and Rutgers. Really looking forward to it.

unforetunately most of you look only at the sports part of it, that 3 million you speak is chump change in the big picture, vs the close to the 1 BILLION dollars the conference will gain in Land grant monies each year by adding Rutger and Maryland

Well, Iowa and Wisconsin will never be a national stage rival, so what the hell are you talking about when you say "maintain"? An Iowa-Wisconsin game will draw more interest than a Maryland-Iowa game, though. Look, Kansas-Missouri was not some massive national rivalry game, but I watched some of the games. Border games/intrastate rivalries and a feeling of superiority that your hillbillies are better than your neighbors' hillbillies is ultimately what collegiate sports are all about. I don't work with Maryland grads, I don't know anyone who was dumb enough to go to RuTTTgers, about 7/8ths of the fun is hanging with buddies from competing schools and meeting up with them at tailgates or the bar and crushing brews and mocking them relentlessly when they lose to Iowa.

It really boils down to this, but the guys running the conferences just don't get it:

4808.jpg
What I mean is, we use to play them every year now we don't. All I was trying to say is that losing the Iowa vs Wisconsin game isn't something that the B1G cares about when deciding divisions. I was comparing it to a OSU vs Michigan rivalry.

I would have preferred they protected Iowa-Wisconsin as opposed to Iowa-Minnesota. I know John Moffit pretty well who played for Wisconsin and he said the players hate Iowa, said it was more of a respect thing than anything. He said nobody cares about Minnesota. He said inside the football program, coaches and players couldnt care less about Minnesota because theyre so awful and just dont have any fan support. That Iowa game was circled on Wisconsin's schedule every year and vice versa.

Latest posts