iPhone app questions/issues

tweeterhawk

Downloaded and installed the iPhone app probably three days ago and at first really like it. Saw forum posts, etc., for a few hours, but now am not seeing any of the posts themselves. When I click on a forum from the Menu button all I get is a blank screen with some lines (and, of course, the ribbon ad at the bottom).

1) Is the iPhone app server up and running?
2) Is there a log-in function in the app? Didn't see it.
3) Are Off-Topic and Politics/Controversial accessible through the app?
4) The information accessed from the "Schedules" button appears outdated (first item is the men's hoops game v Creighton)

(Ghost, pls no comments about Crappleware or Crackberries.)

Use your browser. The HN apps for 'droid and iphoney have limited functionality.
When I bought my Galaxy SII, I installed the HN app and grew to hate it within hours. Uninstalled it. Very happy to use browser for the best experience.
Nothing personal, JD.

Use your browser. The HN apps for 'droid and iphoney have limited functionality.
When I bought my Galaxy SII, I installed the HN app and grew to hate it within hours. Uninstalled it. Very happy to use browser for the best experience.
Nothing personal, JD.

Congrats on the polite post GoV!:D Especially since it was a question about the iPhone. I agree with you...I'd rather use the browser than the app. You watching the game?

If no threads show up in the app version, you have to delete the app and reinstall. I had this happen a few times and only happens when you try to go into the off topic. Just don't go into off topic on the app.

Latest posts