Iowa's B1G BBall 19/20 Schedule

eyekwah

Comparing Iowa's projection as the 8th place team against it schedule of B1G opponents shows the following:
  • There are 9 games with opponents ranked 9th or lower.
  • There are 5 games versus teams 5th thru 7th
  • And there 6 games versus teams 1st thru 4th.
The composite average of Iowa' B1G opponents is 7.45. It looks like this team is probably a 11 and 9 record team. I kinda think it might approach 13 and 7 since I do not see a big difference between teams 5 through 7.

Since the 2011/2012 season Iowa has only finished with a losing conference record twice. The best season was 14/15 with a third place finish with 2 other teams. The worst season was 17/18, 13th place. There were 2 5th place finishes, 3 6th place finishes, and 1 7th place finish during the aforementioned time period.

Generally Iowa does better than expected based on past predictions. I hope this is again true.

Comparing Iowa's projection as the 8th place team against it schedule of B1G opponents shows the following:
  • There are 9 games with opponents ranked 9th or lower.
  • There are 5 games versus teams 5th thru 7th
  • And there 6 games versus teams 1st thru 4th.
The composite average of Iowa' B1G opponents is 7.45. It looks like this team is probably a 11 and 9 record team. I kinda think it might approach 13 and 7 since I do not see a big difference between teams 5 through 7.

Since the 2011/2012 season Iowa has only finished with a losing conference record twice. The best season was 14/15 with a third place finish with 2 other teams. The worst season was 17/18, 13th place. There were 2 5th place finishes, 3 6th place finishes, and 1 7th place finish during the aforementioned time period.

Generally Iowa does better than expected based on past predictions. I hope this is again true.

Pretty sure we finished in a tie for 3rd two years in a row. Both times getting a 5 seed in the Big 10 tournament.

I would rigid with glee should Iowa even be .500 in conference this season.

It's looks like Nebraska and NW are pure garbage (3)

Home games vs Penn State, Minnesota, Rutgers, illinois and Wisconsin (5)

There's 8 likely wins without even trying.

Right now ESPN BPI has Iowa going 13-7 in conference. It should be noted that BPI sorta inexplicably loves the shit out of Iowa right now.

Right now ESPN BPI has Iowa going 13-7 in conference. It should be noted that BPI sorta inexplicably loves the shit out of Iowa right now.

Take nothing for granted dude! BPI likes our depth, but it still has to be proven on the hardwood.

I wouldn’t say those games are automatic. We lost to Wisconsin and Rutgers at home last year.

Street and Smith predicts Wisconsin to finish 5th in the conf. this year. While it's true they lost Ethan Happ [finally!] they return plenty of talent. Prolly as much as we do, if not more. You will probably recognize the names of their starting 5.

I wouldn’t say those games are automatic. We lost to Wisconsin and Rutgers at home last year.

Not saying at all that those are automatic. i'm saying those are games where Iowa will be favored to win. Guess my point was its not like its completely out of the question for Iowa to finish .500 in the conference this year.

Not saying at all that those are automatic. i'm saying those are games where Iowa will be favored to win. Guess my point was its not like its completely out of the question for Iowa to finish .500 in the conference this year.
Agreed. I think our conference schedule is pretty favorable this year.

Latest posts