Iowa with a really good PG and Bohannon at Shooting guard

uihawk82

And Bohannon could be backup point guard. Who did Michigan have a few years ago, Trey something or other.

Man with guy even close to Trey ??? setting up our shooters and breaking down the defense any time they wanted to this team could be a dunk fest. Fran has the athletic midsize and bigs but he has never had an excellent point guard.

I havent watched much Bball this year but the 2nd half yesterday and the offense is stagnant again. Need someone who can blow by their defender and mess up the defense for the drive or the dish.

Do you think the hawks and Fran can win a Big title (regular season is better) if he had a top notch PG? Any great PGs in the pipeline?

And Bohannon could be backup point guard. Who did Michigan have a few years ago, Trey something or other.

Man with guy even close to Trey ??? setting up our shooters and breaking down the defense any time they wanted to this team could be a dunk fest. Fran has the athletic midsize and bigs but he has never had an excellent point guard.

I havent watched much Bball this year but the 2nd half yesterday and the offense is stagnant again. Need someone who can blow by their defender and mess up the defense for the drive or the dish.

Do you think the hawks and Fran can win a Big title (regular season is better) if he had a top notch PG? Any great PGs in the pipeline?

I think Fran could win the Big 10 title with a top notch 1, 2 ,3 or 5, surrounded by the rest of the team.

What happened to Trey Dickerson? Did he leave on his own or forced out?

Judging by the fact he's on his fourth different college, what do you think? And if he was here, he'd already be out of eligibility. He only got a grad transfer year this season because he had used a redshirt year to transfer to USD.

Watching the recruiting threads Iowa offered several PGs but doesn't look like any are interested. At this point, I would take a fairly athletic point who could simply run the offense and play a little D. UNI has recruited several such guards the last few years. Are they choosing UNI or does Iowa consider them "little fish" and not worth recruiting?
Fran has a great eye for talent, but you need a fallback plan. Kirk usually steals a recruit from a BC, a Mac school, or offers an in-state kid late. Fran doesn't seem to have any fallback plans.

Watching the recruiting threads Iowa offered several PGs but doesn't look like any are interested. At this point, I would take a fairly athletic point who could simply run the offense and play a little D. UNI has recruited several such guards the last few years. Are they choosing UNI or does Iowa consider them "little fish" and not worth recruiting?
Fran has a great eye for talent, but you need a fallback plan. Kirk usually steals a recruit from a BC, a Mac school, or offers an in-state kid late. Fran doesn't seem to have any fallback plans.
He hasn't offered Locure yet.

You're thinking of Trey Burke.

There's no immediate PG help on the way, sadly. Fran is working on DJ Carton, a 4-star PG out of Bettendorf, but he's a 2019 kid. He also had a 5-star PG down from Minnesota during the football season, who Fran has no chance of landing, and he's a 2020 kid. The Locure kid is a 2019 kid as well. So there's zero help on the way next year unless Fran pulls off a JC or grad transfer

Its still shocking to me that Fran can't land a PG. He can promise immediate playing time and a fast paced offense, so its confusing as hell. I think Fran just consistently outkicks his coverage on PG's. He's come up short on a few studs who have chosen blue bloods and maybe he needs to dial it back a bit. That's my only guess.

There's no immediate PG help on the way, sadly. Fran is working on DJ Carton, a 4-star PG out of Bettendorf, but he's a 2019 kid. He also had a 5-star PG down from Minnesota during the football season, who Fran has no chance of landing, and he's a 2020 kid. The Locure kid is a 2019 kid as well. So there's zero help on the way next year unless Fran pulls off a JC or grad transfer

Its still shocking to me that Fran can't land a PG. He can promise immediate playing time and a fast paced offense, so its confusing as hell. I think Fran just consistently outkicks his coverage on PG's. He's come up short on a few studs who have chosen blue bloods and maybe he needs to dial it back a bit. That's my only guess.

It just blows my mind he can't land a point guard especially because he was a point guard. I don't think he's going after just big fish either. Look at 2016 for example. He offered 8 point guards that class and none of them were top 50 recruits. You can't strike out on 8 kids that are realistic options and not expect it to hurt you.

I think the Connor theory is pretty good.

Let's say he lands Carton and/or the 5 star. I wonder how much leeway he would get from fans for the rest of this season and next, knowing the kids we will have in 2 years.

Let's say he lands Carton and/or the 5 star. I wonder how much leeway he would get from fans for the rest of this season and next, knowing the kids we will have in 2 years.

I'd say it depends, but its pretty unforgivable for Fran to not have a single PG on your roster for a season...yet here we are in season 2 of not having a true PG with no known prospects for next year either. So we're staring in the face of 3 straight years of no true point guards. That is crazy.

Nothing against CJ Fredrick, but I'm not sure why Fran got another shooter for next class when there's an obvious glaring need at point