Iowa will open the offense up on Saturday

deanvogs

It seemed to me that on the road this year we have run the ball a lot more, and opened up the passing game at home more consistently. So I looked at the stats. So far at home we have 140 rushes and 131 passes, pretty balanced as you would expect. On the road though we hunker down, play to our defense, and don't want to take chances and possibly turn the ball over. We have 150 rushes to 113 passes on the road!

It seems to me that this is very smart football as it is much harder to overcome turnovers on the road. At home we seem much more comfortable letting Stanzi pass, where the crowd is behind you and you can overcome a mistake or two. That all being said I think we pass 30 + times this week, opening up the offense, and we will have a big offensive game!

I agree the number will be close, but I'm thinking like 30 or so passes to 30 or so runs. I didn't mean they would come out and throw 10 more times than run.

I'd like to think that Wegher will be able to handle 3/4 of the load Saturday and I think Paki will be fine coming in and playing as well. While Dace was playing at a high level and will be missed, thats a place where we can really say "next man in" and it really means something. Keep in mind he Dace got hurt early so the bulk of the game was played with his replacement. SO i think the OL will be fine.

I really don't think we'll change too much. You gotta think that we look to get TM the ball a little more in the passing game. But I think that we'll still try to pound the ball, run play action to get our TE's the ball, and pass about as much as we always do.

I'm not really all that concerned on offense. I'm much more concerned about Greenwood and how he's doing. THAT seems to be the bigger concern for me as far as impact on the team.
________
WIKI VAPORIZER

Last edited:
Honestly, we cannot open the offense up because we dont really have an offense. I mean really, if you expect us to score a HUGE amount of points this weekend it just isnt going to happen. I really hope we score quite a few points and win big but we just arent made to put up bunches of points and blow teams out. We will probably win like 24-13 or something like that. We play up and down to competition so I am expecting a closer than it should be game...

Latest posts