Iowa will go 6-1 finishing conference play

I looked at the schedule and they *should* go 6-1 the rest of the way, but this is the Big Ten, baby. Ain't nothin' easy about it.

I would take that in a heartbeat, but 5-2 seems more reasonable. Hold serve at home and losses potentially at MSU and either IU/UM more likely IU, MN is not that good.

Biggest reason for my optimism is without question Mike Gesell. You can see his confidence grow every single game. I think he now believes he's a top flight point guard in this league and is playing as such. Absolutely huge for this team moving forward. I could be wrong, but like I said. I'm puttin my name on it. I see 6-1.

Win at least 2 in the BTT.

Be a 3 seed in the NCAA tourney.

Putting my name on it.

That is all

I was thinking 4-3 yesterday, but now I'm leaning to a 5-2 finish (12-6 in conference), with a couple BTT wins.

I think the Hawkeyes will drop the game at East Lansing and at The Barn. The other 2 road games could be challenging and even somewhat close, but the Hawks have a pretty big advantage. I noticed that Indiana averages 15 turnovers a game and only 11 assists. The Hawks defense will stifle them, and the offense will roll in transition in that game with a half dozen or more steals/take aways.

A #4 seed in The Dance seems likely.

Win at least 2 in the BTT.

Be a 3 seed in the NCAA tourney.

Putting my name on it.

That is all
Speaking of iowa and the 3 seed. Did anyone notice the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial. The old man says "if they make this shot", something or another. The game playing on the tv is our 2006 tourney loss to Northwestern state...... I might try to find a link to it, but im on my phone right now.... feel free if anyone has the time.

If you want a prediction, I'll say 5-2 the rest of the regular season with a loss @MSU and another loss in one of our other remaining road games (most likely either IU or Minny). Iowa won't lose at home again.

I really think we're headed for 4-5 seed territory in the dance, but could possibly hit a 2-3 seed if Iowa plays well the rest of the regular season, and wins the BTT (maybe a championship game appearance would suffice for a 3 seed).

Last edited:
A 3 seed would be so much better than a 4 seed. It would all but guarantee that we won't play a team better than us until the elite 8.

A 3 seed would be so much better than a 4 seed. It would all but guarantee that we won't play a team better than us until the elite 8.

Absolutely. Not to mention, I like the chances of a 2 seed being knocked off in the 1st or 2nd round better than I do with a 1 seed.. And if you get to the Elite 8, there's no guarantee that the 1 seed will still be alive by that point, either.

Part of me would almost rather be a 6 seed than 4/5 seed.

Absolutely. Not to mention, I like the chances of a 2 seed being knocked off in the 1st or 2nd round better than I do with a 1 seed.. And if you get to the Elite 8, there's no guarantee that the 1 seed will still be alive by that point, either.

Part of me would almost rather be a 6 seed than 4/5 seed.

No doubt about the 6 seed. If we would have lost to Michigan I would have been hoping for the 6.

We're a favorable bracket away from national championship contention and for a team as good as us there are a lot of brackets that are favorable for us.

As of right now, I don't really want part of a physical, defensive team until late in the tourney but even then it'd be a toss up game. Everyone else we would likely smoke.

Michigan - @OSU(L), Wisky(L), MSU(W), @PU(W), Minny(W), @ILL(W), IU(L) - 13-5
MSU - NW(W), Neb(W), @PU(W), @Mich(L), Ill(W), IA(L), @OSU(L) - 13-5
Iowa - Win out - 14-4

Win Big Ten regular season outright. Go 3-0 in BTT to win it. Finish 28-6. Get #1 seed in Midwest Regional. Play 1st and 2nd round in St. Louis.

That's how you make predictions! Go bold or go home! :cool:

Michigan - @OSU(L), Wisky(L), MSU(W), @PU(W), Minny(W), @ILL(W), IU(L) - 13-5
MSU - NW(W), Neb(W), @PU(W), @Mich(L), Ill(W), IA(L), @OSU(L) - 13-5
Iowa - Win out - 14-4

Win Big Ten regular season outright. Go 3-0 in BTT to win it. Finish 28-6. Get #1 seed in Midwest Regional. Play 1st and 2nd round in St. Louis.

That's how you make predictions! Go bold or go home! :cool:

^^^ This plus go to big dance win 5 straight and play Cuse or Zona in Championship Game and win. Finish 34-6 on the season. Fat lady sings.

I hope u guys are correct. They "should" reasonably go 6-1, but this team has proven to be inconsistent, so I doubt that will happen.
I will give Fran credit if he can help the team improve for the stretch run. He needs to show consistent game coaching improvement for this team to live up to its potential.

Latest posts