Iowa vs Wisconsin who has the advantage?

longtimer

Wisconsin has played and won in the Arena. In addition they made 3s which can be difficult in a big empty Arena. Could help to have played a game in regard to momentum. On the other hand Wisconsin played a tough game yesterday and Iowa is rested. I give a slight advantage to Wisconsin here

Iowa has some key injuries. Of course if Wieskamp can't play will be huge difference and even if he does is he 100%. Don't forget Fredricks has had injury issues and really hasn't been the same. Not to mention Nunge gone. If Garza gets in foul trouble we are probably done. Clearly from health standpoint Wisconsin edge

3rd meeting between the two. You know what they always say about beating a team 3 times. Plus Wisconsin feels like they might have been done in by the refs
in the last game. Even though the guy richly deserves the "dirty player" designation Edge to Wisconsin

Iowa is a better team especially if Wieskamp plays Edge to Iowa

Close game with Iowa winning!

Got to think Wisconsin won't drain as many 3's as they did last night. I think it boils down to if Weiskamp can go and if he is a factor. If Joe plays and goes for his average I like our chances. If not, we need Joe T and PattyMac to bring some offense along with solid D. Beating a team 3 times in a season is hard to do especially if they have a pulse. So.....advantage Wisconsin.

Wisconsin has the revenge motivation since they feel like they were jobbed by the officials against us last time. Iowa also might not have Joe W. However, Iowa is clearly the better team so I don't know what to expect.

We kinda own Wisky this yr. Got em in Ftball finally got em twice in hoops I say 3 times a charm. Pound it inside to Garza. Get their bigs in foul trouble. Make Davison work hard on D. Be it CJ, JW or Murray whomever he's guarding I want them to really go at him.

Nobody on the team wants it more then JBo. He was bent when they didn't recruit him at all when they fully knew all about him. JBo has gotten the better of Trice the two times they've played so far and that's not an accident. JBo is going to be ultra aggresive. I just hope he's hot early and often.

Wisconsin has the revenge motivation since they feel like they were jobbed by the officials against us last time. Iowa also might not have Joe W. However, Iowa is clearly the better team so I don't know what to expect.
Iowa IS clearly better WITH Joe W. About on par without. Will see. The ol beating a team a 3rd time in a season is another factor.

I hate the "beating a team 3 x" thing, but it's so true. It should be another great game, with the same old Wisconsin tactics. We need to be on Gard for anything (see what I did there?), and be very aggressive. Let Wisconsin know who's boss.....CJF needs to have a good game tonight.......JT and PMAC as well. How many times have we seen JT beat his guy in the middle of the paint only to stop? Take it to the rack baby. We'll be fine. Just excited for this time of year, especially the season Iowa's having

We should play no zone, switch on everything, and not let them shoot 3s. Make them beat us with midrange and to the hoops. The only way these guys beat us is getting hot beyond the arc. If this is a 2 point contest, we outscore them.

It's really hard to beat a team 3 times...especially when you just played them on Sunday. As others have stated...the health of Weiskamp is important too.

That being said...my hope and concern is that we just get a consistently called game from the officials and the bullshit that Gard did at the end of the game in Iowa City doesn't play into it. Think about it...why did Gard do that...because he knew there was a 95% chance he was playing Iowa on Friday night. I don't want to see any make up call bullshit.

Wisconsin responded against Penn State...although they almost fell apart at the end. They are shooting it better...and their offense gets good looks against our man defense. We are going to have to shoot the ball better than we did in Iowa City...especially at the free throw line to win.

All in all...it's a good tune up for tournament time. The big thing is that we need to bring energy and aggressiveness on defense. If we do that...we will be fine. It's all your mentality at this time of the year.

We kinda own Wisky this yr. Got em in Ftball finally got em twice in hoops I say 3 times a charm. Pound it inside to Garza. Get their bigs in foul trouble. Make Davison work hard on D. Be it CJ, JW or Murray whomever he's guarding I want them to really go at him.

Nobody on the team wants it more then JBo. He was bent when they didn't recruit him at all when they fully knew all about him. JBo has gotten the better of Trice the two times they've played so far and that's not an accident. JBo is going to be ultra aggresive. I just hope he's hot early and often.
Don't forget He knows his brothers and his family all support him. I'm sure they're rooting for Iowa to beat the hell of Badgers. He knows he can do it! Let's go Hawks!

Wisconsin has nothing to lose here, their seeding and reputation has dropped due to late season slump, they will have a serious chip on their shoulders. This is going to be a tough game. Its a toss up.

All youse suggesting Scony should have a chip on their shoulder — I think you’re wrong. The ones who oughta be pissed are Hokks based on Wisconsin’s whiny ass coach’s comments after their last loss to Iowa and his suggestion it was Keegan who initiated the hook and hold contact late in the game. Gard basically said it was the refs, not Iowa, who beat his team. And he did everything but give Davison a free pass for his punk-ass tactics.

That ought to be motivation enough for Iowa to take it to them once again — hard. I wouldn’t mind a few hard fouls by Iowa early to send a message.

Iowa had the game in control last time until Joe W left with his injury.

My one concern is Iowa shooting 3’s in a big barn like the Arena. The UNI-Dome always is a tough outing for visitors for that reason. Wisconsin has had experience shooting inside a big empty space this week; Iowa’s shooters are going to have to adapt early.

I still firmly believe that the Wisconsin kid stuck his foot out to trip JW and that resulted in the sprained ankle.

Iowa is the better team with or without JW. Even with a team with a bunch of 30 year olds something is missing from this Wisconsin squad.

Latest posts