Iowa vs Samford 2:00 game thread

ClintonIAfan

7-1 Iowa will take on 3-4 Samford (and son?) at 2:00. The team will be signing autographs after the game, and I will be in line for that. This game could get out of hand fast, so it should be a good opportunity for the reserves to get lots of playing time.

Samford is a very young team with 1 senior and 1 junior. They are led by Senior Hannah Nichols. She is their only double figure scorer and also leads them in rebounding (5-10 guard). They don't have a lot of size, but start 6-1 6-0, and 6-0. They go about seven deep. We'll see how well the Hawks stay focused and if they can address the turnover issue. I suspect ClintonIAfan is correct and we could see some playing time for Zion and Paula along with more time for the bench.

I think FSU beat them by 25. Hopefully the Hawks will bounce back very strong and take care of business and get everybody involved. Go Hawks!

The refs are having their problems. Missed an over and back and an out of bounds clearly off Samford plus some fouls. Iowa looking careless on defense. When Megan hedges they need to give weak side help. Letting Samford get to the basket too easily. Iowa 15-8 early.

Megan, Chase, and Hannah combine to shoot 10/15. Iowa with 9 TO's. Many of them careless plays (Tania and MaKenzie with 2 each), but they have 14 assists on 16 baskets.