Iowa vs Quinnipiac Hawkeye Challenge game thread

ClintonIAfan

This will be at 5:00 today as part of a double hitter. I expect a big game from Megan Gustafson.

This matchup features a 2017 NIT elite 8 vs NCAA sweet 16 team.

Should be a very good game. I can't believe Saturday's game is messing with my football! Dang it!!!!!! Whoever scheduled that blew it. Probably won't be many so up for the basketball game. My seat will probably be empty! Oh well I guess I'll need to cheer louder Friday night to make up for it. :) GO HAWKS!

Mizzu 3 pointer went around the rim, but not down. WKU 79-76 final. Iowa to play Western Kentucky after they beat Quinnipiac. That match up looks more favorable Iowa will have a big advantage inside.

Alexis Sevillian adds some good range to this team. She has a nice shot, and finished with 11 points including 3 3 pointers. Megan Gustafson had 16 points and 15 rebounds.

Last edited:
Finally the Hawks are rebounding! Outrebounded Quinnipiac 50-29. That's a huge improvement over last year. The Hawks were boxing out and aggressively going to the ball. Quinnipiac was a tall team that platooned every 2 minutes. Nice win Hawks!

I know .. a bit late, but wth .. .. I just looked at the rankings. Prior to this game. Quinnipiac, while not in the Top 25, did receive some votes. This is a good way for the ladies to start the season.

GO HAWKS!!!

I know .. a bit late, but wth .. .. I just looked at the rankings. Prior to this game. Quinnipiac, while not in the Top 25, did receive some votes. This is a good way for the ladies to start the season.

GO HAWKS!!!
The Hawks were kind of counting on playing #16 Missouri but WKU made sure that didn't happen. I think maybe in the near future WKU will be making some noise in the rankings. @RobHowe have you heard anything on Kathleen's injury?