Iowa vs Purdue and the Giant game thread

potato.gif

Iowa offense tonight trying to navigate Purdue defense.

Not until Ming the Merciless collided with another Boilermaker puke. Both were banged up. Around 5 minute mark.
I’m not proud of myself but with Purdue seemingly wanting to pound us into a bloody pulp and showing us no mercy I found myself hoping that they had both broken their legs.

What an intro to the Big to have to take on the tree that grows in Purdueland.
As much as I appreicate players that can stretch the floor. Edey is every reason why life is so much easier with a rim protecting big that doesn't need to leave the paint. He seriously makes it look so easy despite being a giant.

As much as I appreicate players that can stretch the floor. Edey is every reason why life is so much easier with a rim protecting big that doesn't need to leave the paint. He seriously makes it look so easy despite being a giant.
Owen Freeman is listed at 6'10" and looked like a child next to Ming the Merciless. I will be glad when goes to the NBA. Been dealing with that monster for too long.

Owen Freeman is listed at 6'10" and looked like a child next to Ming the Merciless. I will be glad when goes to the NBA. Been dealing with that monster for too long.
He will not make it in today's NBA. It's almost comical to imagine him running the court with todays centers and PF's. Bol Bol is 7'2 can run the court and shoot the three and he can't get playing time. Keegan is pretty fast but many players can run rings around him. The Pelicans have big men that run the point. Enjoy college young man and learn a foreign language.

I'd of guessed Freeman was 6'6 standing next to him. Had no idea Freeman was that tall.

I'd of guessed Freeman was 6'6 standing next to him. Had no idea Freeman was that tall.
I'm guessing nothing in HS prepared him for a guy that was 6" taller. Eddy is almost unstoppable offensively, shuts down the entire lane area defensively (174 blocks seems impressive). Not even a rock at the FT line. That monster is really good.

Of course he rarely journeys out of the lane. He could probably catch a dozen three second calls.