Iowa vs Northwestern

AFHawk86

The Wildcats are favored (on paper) at 3 weights: 125, 149, and 157. Shouldn't be a close dual but I'm anxious to see how McD, Matt Ballweg, and DSJ step up against tough competition. Kind of similar to the OSU dual...I can see the possibility of a shutout, but more likely that NW will win a couple of matches. I'll guess the final is 30-6 Iowa.

125 McD vs Precin (1)
133 Ramos vs Mele
141 Ballweg vs Friedley
149 Ballweg vs Nadhir (9)
157 DSJ vs Welch (6)
165 Janssen vs Bialka
174 Lofthouse vs Kellogg
184 Gambrall vs Jones
197 Lofthouse vs Schoen
Hwt Rasing vs Kuhar

McD will not lose to Precin...it just won't happen. I've also been waiting for Matt Ballweg to gain some confidence. Hopefully last weeks match did that. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect him to AA or anything but he would solidify the roster a little bit if he would stop wresltling wtih his head.

The Wildcats are favored (on paper) at 3 weights: 125, 149, and 157. Shouldn't be a close dual but I'm anxious to see how McD, Matt Ballweg, and DSJ step up against tough competition. Kind of similar to the OSU dual...I can see the possibility of a shutout, but more likely that NW will win a couple of matches. I'll guess the final is 30-6 Iowa.

125 McD vs Precin (1)
133 Ramos vs Mele
141 Ballweg vs Friedley
157 DSJ vs Welch (6)
165 Janssen vs Bialka
174 Lofthouse vs Kellogg
184 Gambrall vs Jones
197 Lofthouse vs Schoen
Hwt Rasing vs Kuhar

125 McD vs Precin (1)
133 Ramos vs Mele
141 Ballweg vs Friedley
157 DSJ vs Welch (6)
165 Janssen vs Bialka
174 Lofthouse vs Kellogg
184 Gambrall vs Jones
197 Lofthouse vs Schoen
Hwt Rasing vs Kuhar

Precin dec McDonough 0-3
Ramos major Mele 4-3
Ballweg/Marion dec Friedley 7-3
Nadhir dec Ballweg 7-6
St John dec Welch 10-6
Janssen dec Bialka 13-6
Lofthouse major Kellogg 17-6
Gambrall dec Jones 20-6
Lofthouse dec Schoen 23-6 This will be a close match too
Rasing dec Kuhar 26-6

FUL- thanks for your weight by weight break down.
Your not making many Iowa friends with the 125 prediction, Ha- Ha.
But dare to be different.

Precin is a VERY good wrestler too and also very well coached. I think that Matt can get him by the end of the year but I'm not sure it's this week. If Matt can get through his hands defense and set up good shots then he can win. If he can't get past his hands again then he will be in trouble.

DSJ has got a HUGE next three duals with #7 Welch, #3 Taylor, then #5 Young. I am excited to see how he responds if he can go 2 for 3 in any combination it will be a big statement.

Latest posts