Iowa v OSU Game Ticket Prices

bhawk326

I'm trying to figure out how crazy the secondary market price for that game will be.

My father-in-law has season tickets in the 21st row on the 25 yardline. The guys next to him sold their 2 tickets for the 2006 Iowa v OSU game for $750. While it was a night game and ESPN Gameday was there, it was the 5th game of the season.

Imagine what they are going to be going for this year. People might be able to get a mortgage payment or more for a set of tickets. Of course going to the game will be much more important than the money.

If both teams are undefeated, it likely still won't be a night game (there actually is no rule in the Big Ten that states no night games in November, that is a myth), but Gameday will certainly be there, as the winner would all but lock up a spot in the NCG. Tickets could go for $400+. It would be the biggest game since Michigan in 1985, maybe even bigger.

I have 2 season tickets to the Penn State game I can't use due to a wedding. Not sure what to ask for. Having to make a donation makes a big difference.

If both teams are undefeated, it likely still won't be a night game (there actually is no rule in the Big Ten that states no night games in November, that is a myth), but Gameday will certainly be there, as the winner would all but lock up a spot in the NCG. Tickets could go for $400+. It would be the biggest game since Michigan in 1985, maybe even bigger.

It's kind of a myth. I don't know all of the specifics...but it is more difficult to make a night game in November happen in the Big 10 than it is elsewhere.

I prefer a 2:30 game anyway.

Knighthawk if you had to make a donations of 50 bucks I would ask for 75-100 per ticket. That gets your ticket price + 25-40 bucks to help cover the donation. If you sell to anyone from Pennsylvania though, price goes up to 200-250

Oh they will be enormously expensive if we are both undefeated. Stubhub will seriosuly take all your money! You better buy wayyyyyy before hand.

The way demand was for season tickets this year the university should be patrolling the secondary ticket market and removing season ticket holders that are scalping tickets. Just my opinion.

The way demand was for season tickets this year the university should be patrolling the secondary ticket market and removing season ticket holders that are scalping tickets. Just my opinion.

I'm actually fairly certain that the University is scalping tickets themselves, this year (which is smart, b-t-w).

And, that's in addition to Bravo Sports Marketing, which wouldn't surprise my if they're some kind of subsidiary of the Athletic Dept...

I was offered $1000 for my '06 OSU tickets. It was hard, but I said no. My wife (fiance then) was not happy about that decision. :) Not sure what I'd do if I was offered that again...

I got two tickets together for under $100 each for the game in 06, day of the game. The guy I was with wanted to wait until right before kickoff to get them lower, I wanted to tailgate for a few hours so we got that deal about 2 hours before kickoff. Don't let the ebay and internet prices fool you, You will be able to scalp for an affordable price day of the game. I scalp to just about every game I go to, never paid anything I thought was too far out of line.

I got two tickets together for under $100 each for the game in 06, day of the game. The guy I was with wanted to wait until right before kickoff to get them lower, I wanted to tailgate for a few hours so we got that deal about 2 hours before kickoff. Don't let the ebay and internet prices fool you, You will be able to scalp for an affordable price day of the game. I scalp to just about every game I go to, never paid anything I thought was too far out of line.

Bingo. I went to every home game last year and didn't have a ticket to a single one friday night.

Scratch that, i got my Michigan ticket through the Front Row.

I was offered $1000 for my '06 OSU tickets. It was hard, but I said no. My wife (fiance then) was not happy about that decision. :) Not sure what I'd do if I was offered that again...

Sell them and buy another pair for $250 each. That is a nifty $500 profit for little/no work, and you still get to see the game.

Bingo. I went to every home game last year and didn't have a ticket to a single one friday night.

Scratch that, i got my Michigan ticket through the Front Row.

I had terrible luck last year. Couldn't find a single seller for the UNI game other than student tickets after several laps around the stadiumve minutes before kickoff. Had to drive back home to CR and watch on the tube (had great seats at least). Whenever I had an extra ticket back when I had season tickets I would sell the extras for $20. When I'm looking to buy last year I can't find anything.

Latest posts