Iowa v Indiana Game Thread

big10fan

So, who's representing online? Any last minute predictions? Sounds like everyone who missed last week is back, so that's awesome. Hopefully we'll be able to get some quality reps for the 2nd team and find someone to spell Coker.

I'm predicting blowout - offense will be executing at a high level today and the defense will look like the kind of Iowa defense we're used to seeing. Gonna be a good day.

My last minute analysis:
QBs usually have a hard time in their first start. Their first start on the road is typically also a struggle. When their first start is also their first road start, things get even tougher. When that QB is a true freshman, things are even more compounded.

That's what Indiana is dealing with today. This *should* be a laugher.

Indiana is starting a true freshman QB. I'm guessing this isn't the QB Iowa prepped for so I can see him causing fits against defense in first half until the defense figures him out. It would be a nuclear meltdown if he beats us but there is no way this SHOULD happen.

Iowa wins, 41-24

In the pregame, Coach Wilson said (to paraphrase):

Some familiarity with Iowa having coached at jNW and alongside Stoops and Chuck Long at OU.

Trying to get the young players up to speed.

Focusing on the D-line play, much like Iowa having some undersized guys and need to get better at technique to make up for it.

Most depth at WR, but need more consistency. Having a hard time running the ball.

QB still struggling with consistency coming off injury, planning on rotating the QB's a bit.

Indy having lots of O-linemen moving around. should be able to exploit that. not a big O-line either.

Tyler Nielsen out for today.

and we'll start with the ball yet again. no reason to try anything cute. just set up the run against the worst run D in the big 10 and let the passing game develop.

Latest posts