Iowa/SCUM Game Thread

Wow, horrible defense 3 and outs us on vanilla playcalling and their offense shreds us all the way down the field. Horrible slow-footed play by Johnson to give up a TD where Denard doesn't even look at another receiver.

Why can't stanzi ever figure out that when there is a wr triple covered then somebody else has to be open???? I wish I had a dollar for every pass he throws into double and triple covereage.

This team had an extra week to prepare for this game? They look completely rattled and non-veteran right now.

So this is going to be a year where we look awesome at home and the forget how to play on the road. Sweet.

Two three and outs by the Michigan D? I guarantee they haven't done that all year. It's really shaping up to be a long day if we don't get this ship righted RIGHT now. We can not be down 2 scores at the big house.

Great job stanzi. need 15 throw a 3 yard pass. lucky thing that your pants are yellow because it looks like you are peeing your pants on every snap

We could not have started much worse. Terrible play calls. 2 drops. 6 man front allowing them to run the ball down our throat. 1 bad punt by Donahue, and the 2nd one our coverage team didn't show up to even try to down the ball. We need a stop on D or its going to get tough

according to my calculations if this game continues on the way it is being played out the score will be around 52-0 in favor of michigan.

The hawks are OUT TO LUNCH thus far. Bad performance and some bad play calling.

I had a bad feeling after we won the toss and started close to midfield and then ran it right up the middle on the first two plays. If there is a cure for a poor defense, it's usually our offense.

Bye-week sluggishness. We have to keep them within reach in the first half. If it bulges past a 10-14 point deficit, we'll be in genuine trouble.
I predict a fire will be lit @ halftime, and we'll see the 'real' Hawkeyes in H2.

We need to dictate what happens in this game, not react. Right now it looks like we are just trying to hang on.

I'm still wondering why DJK didn't cut the second kickoff return back across the middle since it seemed like we had a convoy of blockers that way.

Stanzi has had good pockets. They need to start looking deep to soften up the run - it's been open. They are really stacking the box right now daring Stanzi to win with his arm. Right now, he's playing right into it. O'Keefe needs to tell him to look deep and not bail out. There are people open.

C'mon Hawks. We laid eggs with good field position so maybe that great punt by Michigan was just what we needed. Attack ^&* damn it!

Latest posts