Iowa Rushing Prediction - MSU Game

NCHawker

MSU has a renouned defense

Western Michigan rushed for 11 yards - won 26-13 {Iowa gave up 74 yds}
So. Florida rushed for 89 yards won 21-6
Youngstown State got 51 yards won 55-17
Last game at Norte Dame they yielded 78 yards on 32 attempts. lost 17-13

We'll get an education this week on "hidden yards" picked up in the punting game by gaining field position.

I say the hawks rush for 125 yards.

I have seen very little of any Mich St games this year, just a bit of West Mich game. I do not know what type of blocking schemes Msu's opponents use but I will say the Iowa's zone blocking scheme can wear on them. The constant slant pushing, double teaming, and passing one tackler onto the next blocker seems to wear on opposing defenses as I think it would.

Iowa did a good job of rushing at east lansing last year. I think the hawks can rush for slightly more than 125, maybe 170.

If the hawks play a fairly error free game I think they win. Sparty's QB situation and passing game seems to be still unsettled and I think we stop their running.

Hawks score 17-24 and MSU scores 13 or 14 , I hope

I will go 190to hard earned yards. Jake has showed he will burn you if you stack the box. I hope n pray our players understand this is a game of manhood. Mf's are going to throw punches if your getting the best of them. But if your doing your job, you can sit back and smile, while you say the score board shows different. Play a clean game. Make the plays when ask, be ready for a right of passage, and the hawks win.

...Iowa did a good job of rushing at east lansing last year. I think the hawks can rush for slightly more than 125, maybe 170.

If the hawks play a fairly error free game I think they win. Sparty's QB situation and passing game seems to be still unsettled and I think we stop their running.

Hawks score 17-24 and MSU scores 13 or 14 , I hope
I think this a pretty good guess. Would also think, weather dependent, that we see about 140 yds in the air for a total of about 310 yds. Unfortunately our Red Zone percentage has been pretty low. We will be doing good to get 13 on offense, maybe another on D for a total of 20.

I think Sparty gets a couple FGs and one D or ST score for a total of 13.

So Maybe 20-13 and Iowa wins a close one.

Sparty is likely to be the best defense the Hawks face this year. Probably the lowest scoring game Iowa plays.

The good guys are going to come out swinging and punch MSU in the mouth this year. We are at home and the players have a HUGE chip on their shoulder. I realize this is a big step up in talent, but I think our defense is about as fired up for this game as you can get them and our offense has something to prove, they show the world Saturday that they are no fluke and the rushing game is for real, we will rush for 200+. The zone blocking scheme will wear any team down and our line is physical, most of our rushing yards will come as usual in the second half. I believe that Rudock will be the difference maker in this game, he has made a couple of bad reads and thrown into a spot where he shouldn't have, but that can't be confused with throwing the ball inaccurately. He puts the ball where he intends to put it, just has to watch the safeties a little closer and not lock onto a route/receiver. I believe this game will look more like the Minnesota game than people think and I am of the opinion that his team is a already much better than people think. We have a big upside as we are getting exponentially better each week and outside of tOSU there is not a game on the schedule we can't win. GO HAWKS!

I'm not sure I've seen one review that says Michigan State is going to win. I think that's a bad omen. They are a top ten defense and they have played ND, who did play in the NC game last year. They gave up 78 yards. I hope I'm wrong, but Rudock is going to see alot more pressure and our receivers are going to be subjected to a very, very physical style of defensive backfield play. No one has played this physical against us at the WR position.

I think it's going to be a close game...we can win...but we have play clean and protect the QB.

10-10 tie. Before OT. Lots of punting on both sides. Rushing prediction? Iowa will rush for 80 yards. You remember last year's game? This year, the same. Hopefully the same result.

Last edited:
I think JR will come out throwing screens, & slants, then run.....run....run! Rushing yds - 105. Passing yds - 150. Hawks 21 - 17.

I'm not sure I've seen one review that says Michigan State is going to win. I think that's a bad omen. They are a top ten defense and they have played ND, who did play in the NC game last year. They gave up 78 yards. I hope I'm wrong, but Rudock is going to see alot more pressure and our receivers are going to be subjected to a very, very physical style of defensive backfield play. No one has played this physical against us at the WR position.

I think it's going to be a close game...we can win...but we have play clean and protect the QB.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/60600-rittenberg-picks-hawks-bennett-likes-msu.html

This should make you feel better.

My guess is both teams have a very hard time running the ball. I think it comes down to who can get better field position through special teams and turn overs, and who can get some plays in the passing game. I like our chances.

This game is really going to test our Oline. This is by far the best defense we have seen so far this yr. I think Ruddock is going to have to pass more this game to losing up our run gm. GO HAWKS!

Agreed.
Maybe fake a couple of reverses to him. Does anybody know if he (Powell) can block?

From the way we've used him so far this year, I have to assume he cannot. On the other hand, from the way we used him so far this year, I have to assume he is only slightly smarter than Forrest Gump in that he knows when to stop running when he gets in the end zone.

Latest posts