Iowa QB could have solid supporting cast

"Before going any further, I realize the following words could tempt AIRBHG to strike again. But hasn't Iowa suffered enough? There's a merciful side to AIRBHG, I know there is, and perhaps this is the season we see it ...."

Good lord, I hope he is right and we've suffered enough.

Ritt seems a little more optimistic than most have been. I too am optimistic.

If the O-line and RBs really produce again and the QB only throws about 17 times a game we'll be back to running Kirk Ferentz smash mouth football and the fanbase will be happy again.

If they struggle the offense will be "stale" and "predictable". It is what it is.

True, and if the receivers would catch 13 of those 17 they would be a good football team.

Based on the number of drop reports from the scrimmage. If Iowa hands the ball off to the RB's they have a chance to do something. But if GD thinks this is a passing offense it's going to be a long year.

Based on the number of drop reports from the scrimmage. If Iowa hands the ball off to the RB's they have a chance to do something. But if GD thinks this is a passing offense it's going to be a long year.
Key word being THE. I have no idea if that has been a huge issue or not, but what we saw was one practice. Have you heard?

Considering the massive amount of dropped balls last season(worst in history??), and witnessing it again in the practice & scrimmage, we WILL have issues with the passing game this fall. Unless we can pull in 2 of the newcomers with hands & the ability to run proper routes. If McCarron turns out to be the real deal, that would not hurt.

"Before going any further, I realize the following words could tempt AIRBHG to strike again. But hasn't Iowa suffered enough? There's a merciful side to AIRBHG, I know there is, and perhaps this is the season we see it ...."

Good lord, I hope he is right and we've suffered enough.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Ritt seems a little more optimistic than most have been. I too am optimistic.

I don't know if he has changed his opinion on the entire team or not, but he picked them to finish last in the division a couple of months ago.

The thing I don't like about the Hawkeyes this year is that we don't have quality at the key positions.

I would much rather have a good QB and DL to build around... rather than the opposite which is what we have.

We have a solid OL and RB and LB but I'm not sure if these posisitons can cover the weakness/inexperience we have at the DL and QB.

I don't know if he has changed his opinion on the entire team or not, but he picked them to finish last in the division a couple of months ago.

He's not typically a Hawkeye lover; to begin with. I think he took 2010 personally. Lol!

Latest posts