Iowa-PSU Game Canceled

RobHowe

Administrator
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- The University of Iowa women’s basketball game at Penn State on Thursday, Dec. 30 at 2 p.m. CT has been canceled out of abundance of caution due to positive COVID-19 test results within the Nittany Lions' basketball program.

The decision was made as part of the protocols established by the Big Ten Conference and Penn State Athletics medical staff, and in consultation with university, local and national officials and guidelines.

Information regarding how this game will be treated in relation to the Big Ten Conference 2021-22 Forfeiture Policy will be announced in the coming days.

The Hawkeyes host Illinois on Sunday, Jan. 2 inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, Iowa. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m. (CT) on B1G+.

I agree but can someone explain the rules on this.
I’m with you. The conference met and made a statement before the season began about what would happen if conference games were canceled. Pretty sure Iowa would prefer to make it up, but that isn’t what the conference said in October. Non conference games are different. The Big Ten can’t enforce rules on schools not in the conference.

On August 23,2021 The Big Ten released a statement that any athletic contest between conference schools that had to be canceled because of Covid 19 would not be rescheduled and would be a forfeiture. This would be true for all sports. The statement was unequivocal.

On August 23,2021 The Big Ten released a statement that any athletic contest between conference schools that had to be canceled because of Covid 19 would not be rescheduled and would be a forfeiture. This would be true for all sports. The statement was unequivocal.
I thought I read something like that.

Latest posts