Iowa/OSU game thread

Was at the game - Surprised at the weak attendance for a good start time on a nice Friday night. Barely (any??) students outside of the players, cheerleaders and band. Announced at just under 10,000 but I question that how sparse it was. None the less, plenty of cheering and noise when needed and had a good time.

As mentioned - tactical finish ... I commented to some around me that I don't think I've ever seen Fran intentionally foul with a 3-point lead to ensure final possession. This long-overdue, no-brainer strategy was greatly appreciated to secure the W.

As for NCAA - it's just not going to happen. Hawks won this game, which they should've. It was 1 of 3 toss-up games left and they took care of business. That said, they still have to get 5-6 more wins + go at least 1-1 in the BTT to maybe get a play-in spot. Tell me with a straight face where they are:
Illannoy twice= 2 L's. At Mich St= L. Most likely an L at NwU and Home vs Wisc.
At Penn St? Based on history, I have to lean L
At Maryland? I have to lean L
I only see Minny and Penn St at home as likely W's.
It's just too steep of an uphill chance for me to buy into.

However, agree with Huck ... I will watch and cheer for them to advance in the NIT! Would do wonders for a young, inconsistent team to get Freeman - Harding some valuable post-season play and build toward a breakout 2024-25 season.
Almost every game left is a coin flip, give or take. We gotta win 6 out of 9 coin flips. Not easy at all, but it is possible. Not being able to finish off Maryland and Indiana crippled us.

Almost every game left is a coin flip, give or take. We gotta win 6 out of 9 coin flips. Not easy at all, but it is possible. Not being able to finish off Maryland and Indiana crippled us.

Not only that, but they have zero quad1 victories. Seton Hall and Nebraska may turn into one, as of now they are not. If that stays the same, they can’t afford anymore losses at home and that includes Wisconsin and Illinois.

One of my pet peeves is when people or media call college age students "kids".

I'm prob guilty of it on occasion, but I hate it.
They are kids. It is ok to think about them that way. In today’s world, you better have had a wide range of experience to be called an adult. Probably into your thirties. Think back. What kind of human being were you in your early to mid twenties, where most college athletes are age wise. Or, they are even younger. Look at the science. They are still growing mentally, often physically, and big time in the social emotional realm. Melrose: Do not apologize for being right, which you were the first time.

Perkins has a year left?
Yup. So does Patrick. With P’s serious health issues, major med dependence, slower emotional growth (probably?), I would love to see him compete another year. If it doesn’t work, nothing lost. Life is about risks.

Latest posts