Iowa now #19

In terms of the Clowns, so if they beat West Virginia....does that make them the Big 12 Champions....or do they need to win the Big 12 Title Game to be declared the Big 12 Champs?

I'm gonna be sick

Let them have their first glory in 108 years. They play in a lame ass conference that couldnt even keep members TxA&M nebby and missou from jumping ship. Then the conf travels the world to get W Vir in the conf making the travel budgets swell with miles and time zone jumps.

Campbell has done a good job and when other teams in that league decide to play defense it will take some of ISU's secret weapon away from them.

In terms of the Clowns, so if they beat West Virginia....does that make them the Big 12 Champions....or do they need to win the Big 12 Title Game to be declared the Big 12 Champs?

I think they have a Champ Game because they are playing a full conf slate and because the conf wants the money.

#19 for this hawk team is great, I hope they get the big win at champagne and can get the badgers. It will be something if they play all 8 games, their 9th crossover game, and maybe a bowl

I am fine with ISU doing well. Maybe that will stop the bitching about playing a tough early season down the road. Then we beat them yet again we will get more credit, even from some HN posters.

A lot of IFs here.....

but if Wiscy beats Indy this week, and Iowa beats ILL and Wiscy, and OSU beats NW in the CCG....

that should be enough to make Iowa the 2nd highest ranked team in the Big Ten.

We have a Top 20 football team and a Top 5 MBB team. Given the offseason this athletic department has had, maybe we should all take a breath and appreciate how good it is to be an Iowa fan right now.

Ahhh, took my breath. And now to quote the media "JUST WAIT TWO WEEKS." Maybe three. Then we'll see where we really stand.

Good for Iowa State. They've never tasted this type of success before so let them have their moment in the sun. The Big 12 is really down this year. Their best wins are against a down Oklahoma and an overrated Texas squad that is no longer ranked. The toughest team they played, Oklahoma State, beat them. The rest of the Big 12 is trash much like the bottom of the B1G.

I think they got to #9 or so with Seneca Wallace before they imploded. I don't see them beating Oklahoma, but maybe COVID will cancel the championship game and they get a banner by default

Divided house here. Mom is a Cyclone alum and I an Iowa alum. "When mommas happy, the house is happy!" I went to Iowa State basketball camp in Junior High. Coach Ken Trickey first and then Lynn Nance. Funny story, they have the banquet where the parent's come and Ken Trickey kept saying how he has been watching these boys all week and we've really improved over the week, blah blah blah. The campers were all like, who is that guy?

Divided house here. Mom is a Cyclone alum and I an Iowa alum. "When mommas happy, the house is happy!" I went to Iowa State basketball camp in Junior High. Coach Ken Trickey first and then Lynn Nance. Funny story, they have the banquet where the parent's come and Ken Trickey kept saying how he has been watching these boys all week and we've really improved over the week, blah blah blah. The campers were all like, who is that guy?
Anyone who thinks Fran can't coach defense should have seen Ken Trickey's teams. He was at Oral Roberts about a decade after Iowa State and one of Tom Davis teams racked up 126 on him.

Lynn Nance was a retired FBI agent who nearly came to blows with Bobby Knight during a game when Nance was an assistant at Kentucky. By the time his Iowa State tenure came to an end he probably wished he was still in the FBI.

Latest posts