Iowa-Northwestern Postgame Content

RobHowe

Administrator

What impressed me the most was scoring that many points with only seven made free throws.

Think of how many we would have scored had we doubled or tripled that number.

What impressed me the most was scoring that many points with only seven made free throws.

Think of how many we would have scored had we doubled or tripled that number.

Free throws.....?

Fory GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

JBo.....Concerning The Scarlet Knights

“I’ve definitely been marking this game since we saw it on our side of the bracket,” he said. “We deserved an overtime there and we weren’t given it.”

I wake up screaming in the middle of the night with nightmares

Concerning that touch foul called on Keegan with 2 seconds on the clock

In a dead-even game

:cool:

The Hawkeye Revenge Tour begins today
ESPN matchup indicator certainly likes our chances. It gives us an 84.7% chance of winning.

Rutgers, like Wisconsin, won an unusual amount of close games this year. While you have to have toughness to execute in critical situations there's also some luck involved in having things bounce your way that many times. I can name three games off the top of my head where Harper won a game in the last three seconds with a shot or free throws. A fourth game, vs OSU, they outscored them like 9-0 in the last 90 seconds. That's why they snuck into that four seed.

One of those games, of course was vs Iowa. I guarantee our guys haven't forgotten that.

I got an eerie feeling that Indiana is going to shock Illinois. They can defend, and Trace Jackson Davis can certainly neutralize Cockburn. They are also playing for their NCAA lives.

Our game vs Indiana, a long time ago, felt like a lucky escape. One we should have lost. And we would have if not for Kris Murray picking up the slack for his foul ridden brother.

We are a better team than Rutgers and playing our best ball right now. Still, we might have used up all of our 3 pointers in the last game! :)

We are a better team than Rutgers and playing our best ball right now. Still, we might have used up all of our 3 pointers in the last game! :)
We could make up for that by getting to the foul line more than the twelve times we did yesterday.

And we probably will. Rutgers will body us. We were cutting and moving the ball so well yesterday Northwestern couldn't even foul us.

ESPN matchup indicator certainly likes our chances. It gives us an 84.7% chance of winning.

Rutgers, like Wisconsin, won an unusual amount of close games this year. While you have to have toughness to execute in critical situations there's also some luck involved in having things bounce your way that many times. I can name three games off the top of my head where Harper won a game in the last three seconds with a shot or free throws. A fourth game, vs OSU, they outscored them like 9-0 in the last 90 seconds. That's why they snuck into that four seed.

One of those games, of course was vs Iowa. I guarantee our guys haven't forgotten that.

I got an eerie feeling that Indiana is going to shock Illinois. They can defend, and Trace Jackson Davis can certainly neutralize Cockburn. They are also playing for their NCAA lives.

Our game vs Indiana, a long time ago, felt like a lucky escape. One we should have lost. And we would have if not for Kris Murray picking up the slack for his foul ridden brother.
Pretty damn accurate. Indiana up 3 with 3 to go