Iowa most wins vs AP/USA today top 20 in nation

We are 7-4

Some teams have better winning% but we have the most wins.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/standings
Also most quality wins-(losses) according to ESPN at 11-7

The upper half of the Big10 has played 17-18 quality with Wisconsin playing 19

Kansas only 13 at 10-3
Creighton like 9-4

Duke is 3-3
Louisville 4–4
Dayton 2-2
FL ST 6-3
SD ST 5-0
Zaga 5-2

Most Big East upper half teams are in the 11-14 game range.

The contrast between the Big10 and to a lesser extent the Big East and the other conferences is stark

According to the BPI, Iowa should be a 4 seed. #5 strength of schedule and #24 non-conference SOS.

I expect they'll settle into the 5-6 seed - which is about 2 to 5 seeds higher than what I thought after CJ went down and JoeW was (is) funking it up.

The Minny and PudState W's were big - more examples of the grit of this team - and why, regardless of seed, this team is capable of making the sweet 16 (a year ahead of schedule!)

On the flip side, this team is just as capable of getting bounced by the 12 or 11 seed in the first round - because they're a year ahead of schedule.

Gonna be a VERY exciting, nerve-racking March!

I think the ceiling is a 4. No matter who we beat, we wont get the respect required to get above that ceiling. The floor? Play in game if we lose out from here.

I think the ceiling is a 4. No matter who we beat, we wont get the respect required to get above that ceiling. The floor? Play in game if we lose out from here.

No way we're in the play-in game even if we lose the last 2 and one in the BTT by 30 points each. I think the floor is a 7 right now. Beat PU and the floor is a 6.

Depending on how the other teams finish, we have a legit chance to still tie for the B1G regular season title. If that happens AND we win the BTT, we'd be a 2. Obviously the odds of that happening are pretty slim, though.

20 wins overall and already 11 conference wins. No way we’d fall anywhere near play in game even if we lost our next three.

I've seen these 'wins over Top 25' articles before. But doesn't this include teams that were in the Top 25 when Iowa played them, not necessarily where they end up at the end of the season? For example, I think Illinois and Rutgers were ranked when Iowa played them, but they won't be at the end of the season. A bit misleading.

What's kinda crazy is that, in a blind comparison, we damn near have the resume of a 2 seed right now...

1. 4th most Q1 wins in the country
2. Most wins against Top 25 teams in the country
3. Top 6 Offensive Efficiency
4. Of the Top 25 teams in KenPom, we have the 10th toughest OOC schedule
5. 5th toughest overall Strength of Schedule

What we don't have is a good number of Q1A wins and we've got the 2 bad losses (Nebraska and DePaul).

Had we been able to hold the 16 point lead against SDSU and beat Nebraska, we'd probably be talking about a legit possibility of a 2/3 seed.

I've seen these 'wins over Top 25' articles before. But doesn't this include teams that were in the Top 25 when Iowa played them, not necessarily where they end up at the end of the season? For example, I think Illinois and Rutgers were ranked when Iowa played them, but they won't be at the end of the season. A bit misleading.

Not really. What if a team you played in the Top 25 lost their star player afterwards? What if they quit on their coach? Etc. In my mind, the only fair comparison is what they were when you played them.

Latest posts