Iowa leads early 21-15

HaydenHawk56

Long Beach St looked to have the fresher legs, but since Fran called a timeout, Iowa has made a mini run. The press is giving Long Beach St problems. Brommer has scored twice in transition, and Archie had a steal for a breakaway dunk.

Archie having another great game so far. Hawks shooting pretty good right now. And playing terrific on defense.

Shooting getting cold again in the half court. Shooting a lot of open 3s and not making them. Iowa now leads 33-29.

33-31 halftime. From what I can gather just by listening, our D is bothering them, and theirs bothering us as well. Lots of turnovers both ways. Our shooting sounded like it was atrocious the last 10 minutes or so of the first half.

Shooting getting cold again in the half court. Shooting a lot of open 3s and not making them. Iowa now leads 33-29.

This is where a guy like Oglesby will come in handy. I've seen that kid shoot a couple times/games and he only needs a small window to get his shot off. I would suspect Gatens would be able to knock those down as well with some decent regularity, but maybe he's still having issues.

At least the defense sounds like it's keeping us in it...need to knock off the turnovers though.

This is where a guy like Oglesby will come in handy. I've seen that kid shoot a couple times/games and he only needs a small window to get his shot off. I would suspect Gatens would be able to knock those down as well with some decent regularity, but maybe he's still having issues.

At least the defense sounds like it's keeping us in it...need to knock off the turnovers though.

Definitely need Gatens to find his shot, and get some more shooters on this team. I get the feeling points will be tough to come by against Big Ten opponents, but cutting down on the turnovers will help.

Sounded like we were able to get some points off turnovers in the first half.

I would imagine Fran is going to make some adjustments and try to go back inside more this half. Get Cole some more looks.

Latest posts