Iowa Leading the Nation in. . .

LicThawk

Most Missed Bunnies. ie, shots within 3 feet of the basket.

I've never seen so many missed shots around the basket. Their woes continued last night. Did anyone get an official count? I'd guess at least 6.

I KNOW RIGHT!? But really, there were at least 10 points lost on the rim.

For certain but we have one of the most efficient post players in the game - I dunno if we're REALLY leading the country in this or if you're just pulling the ole chain?

For certain but we have one of the most efficient post players in the game - I dunno if we're REALLY leading the country in this or if you're just pulling the ole chain?
No clue, however I was shaking my head most of the game. It seemed like every other or several in a row rolled off the rim from point blank. Makes the come back even more impressive.

Most Missed Bunnies. ie, shots within 3 feet of the basket.

I've never seen so many missed shots around the basket. Their woes continued last night. Did anyone get an official count? I'd guess at least 6.

Yes they miss some and in the Big a lot of it is thinking about and expecting contact. Most layups and bunnies that are missed are because the player takes his eyes off the board or rim at least according to analysts and coaches I have heard talk about it. The player with the head up and under control will hardly ever miss one of those.

And there is a difference between a Garza and Kriener contortion half hook around the rim or reverse layup and a simple put back or true layup. Some of the shots made by all these players around the rim and in the lane are pretty tough.

Hmm. I wonder what goes through a players head when you constantly have 2,3,or 4 sets of hands flying at you when trying to make a basket underneath. A player in a crowd usually anticipates that out of nowhere there may or may not have pressure on your attempt. I wonder.

What I would love to see is more than 1 Iowa defender come over to help swat a basket, then maybe they would miss as many as us.

giphy.gif

Latest posts