Iowa late addition pops us up to

longtimer

54th nationally according to 247. that is 9th in the Big Ten however those rated lower only had 1 or 2 recruits. Interesting they only listed us with 3 recruits as apparently the Murray twins did not warrant consideration as they had no stars. I think everyone should have a star. We did come close to the 3 recruit ranking of Harvard as they came in at 49th

As an aside Foster popped Clones up to 15th

This won't be loved, but from everything I am hearing... Auburn and other bigger schools were coming. The Murray's had a trip planned to visit Auburn and there was mutual interests. They may not have had the offers yet, but they were going to come. That's a program that just went 30-10 and lost in the semi-finals. Word is other schools with a better lot in life were sniffing around too. You don't have to believe that, it's just what is being said.

This won't be loved, but from everything I am hearing... Auburn and other bigger schools were coming. The Murray's had a trip planned to visit Auburn and there was mutual interests. They may not have had the offers yet, but they were going to come. That's a program that just went 30-10 and lost in the semi-finals. Word is other schools with a better lot in life were sniffing around too. You don't have to believe that, it's just what is being said.

yeah who the hell knows with those twins. There are so many factors involved its too hard to tell. Their academy season is just getting started and they both came out strong, but what does that even mean? What is the competition level? Also how many colleges would have been interested had they not signed early with Iowa? How many colleges shied or would have shied away from them because they seem to be a packaged deal (2 scholarships for almost literally identical players).

All we can really hope for as fans is that they were overlooked in high school and now they are highly motivated to prove people wrong.

Well if the Murray’s have a really good year and once they get ranked it’s going to increase Iowa’s ranking by a pretty decent clip I would think.

yeah who the hell knows with those twins. There are so many factors involved its too hard to tell. Their academy season is just getting started and they both came out strong, but what does that even mean? What is the competition level? Also how many colleges would have been interested had they not signed early with Iowa? How many colleges shied or would have shied away from them because they seem to be a packaged deal (2 scholarships for almost literally identical players).

All we can really hope for as fans is that they were overlooked in high school and now they are highly motivated to prove people wrong.
We just have to hope we found two diamonds in the rough there.

I mean they had small D1 offers coming out of high school. Growing 3 inches and adding strength and athleticism I guess it’s possible they are high major players now and were just unnoticed basically.

I’d love to know the competition level they are going against. They are putting up some pretty nice numbers. That dunk video from the other day looked plenty athletic.

I hope they continue to let coaches talk to them and tweet out offers they receive to make Iowa fans feel more comfortable :D

We just have to hope we found two diamonds in the rough there.

I mean they had small D1 offers coming out of high school. Growing 3 inches and adding strength and athleticism I guess it’s possible they are high major players now and were just unnoticed basically.

I’d love to know the competition level they are going against. They are putting up some pretty nice numbers. That dunk video from the other day looked plenty athletic.

I hope they continue to let coaches talk to them and tweet out offers they receive to make Iowa fans feel more comfortable :D

They signed their LOI's yesterday so they can't talk to or receive offers from other schools. Also means they likely won't ever get a recruiting ranking of any kind.

I believe that but there was also a story that appeared in yesterday's Register that covered the twins' recruiting a bit. A couple of mid-major coaches were interviewed and they were surprised when Fran had offered them. One of them said they were considering offering them but weren't at that point yet.

But I like your take better....let's go with that one to hang on to some hope.

Frank Kaminsky went from a nobody to an all American, in large part because of how much he grew late. You never know. Maybe these kids will go from nobody's to all conference.

Considering Iowa had five commitments the ranking is pretty bad. You never know how these guys will turn out though. Only time will tell. I imagine there are schools with a couple of commitments that had higher rankings.