Iowa lands commitment from ISU legacy

Was he being recruited as an OLB or WR? Most sites have him listed as a WR....ESPN and 247 Sports have him as an OLB.

Was he being recruited as an OLB or WR? Most sites have him listed as a WR....ESPN and 247 Sports have him as an OLB.

Not totally sure. These kinds of things are often very fluid. My gut is that he'll be a LB at Iowa, but I think that's a numbers thing (Iowa has brought in a lot of WRs in the last 12 months) as much as anything. I don't really have any real insight about what position Iowa is recruiting him for.

Not totally sure. These kinds of things are often very fluid. My gut is that he'll be a LB at Iowa, but I think that's a numbers thing (Iowa has brought in a lot of WRs in the last 12 months) as much as anything. I don't really have any real insight about what position Iowa is recruiting him for.

Iowa offered at OLB.

Can't have too many athletes. It isn't like true freshmen play for Iowa a ton. Let Doyle work with him for a year plus an off season and then see what he is.

One interesting note--Niemann's father was the head coach at Simpson College in Indianola from 2002-2007. During that time, Ben played youth football with Iowa OL commit Keegan Render. Render gave Niemann a shout out on Twitter this evening:

@KeeganRender--

"S/O to @BNiemann8 for committing to Iowa! It's just like IYFL! #futureroomates?"

Good pickup! First Matt Nelson and now Ben Niewman. Both had big ties to ISU.
Next up Lazzard?? ha quite the pipe dream there but what if ISU stinks and for that reason or another they have a coaching change? Was Iowa even on his list really or was it go to ISU or LSU Bama or some other SEC school?

Next up Lazzard?? ha quite the pipe dream there but what if ISU stinks and for that reason or another they have a coaching change? Was Iowa even on his list really or was it go to ISU or LSU Bama or some other SEC school?

I have a better chance of being the next Russian president than a coaching change happening.

I have a better chance of being the next Russian president than a coaching change happening.

agree with you here - paw has taken your team to places they've not seen prior to his arrival, and the momentum he has built is unprecedented. you guys are truly on a roll...

agree with you here - paw has taken your team to places they've not seen prior to his arrival, and the momentum he has built is unprecedented. you guys are truly on a roll...

I don't think much of this is true. McCarney went 9-3, and won 2 bowl games. If you want to go back a little further, Majors had more success than Paul and Dan combined. One thing he has done is rile up the fan base. Pretty soon they are going to have to score some winning seasons. In case nobody has noticed, the last one was literally handed to them by Minnesota in Paul's first season.

Which gives me the chance to ask this... why would a kid with Lazzard's potential and offers... choose ISU?

Some connection?

I like how he high points the ball. I like his YAC. At 6'3" he might be a nice possession receiver option. I realize he is targeted for OLB, but he looks like he can actually CATCH the ball that is thrown to him.

I also like how the QB on that team actually throws an accurate ball to him when he's open down the seam. Boy, that must be nice.

Latest posts