Iowa is the definition of mediocrity...

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Hawkeyes are now one game under .500 (697-698) in league play since joining the Big Ten.

On a side note to add to our mediocrity: I heard during the game something rather stunning, Iowa has broke 19 "dubious" records under Lickliter era.

This just proves we are irrelevant in basketball now.

Hawkeyes are now one game under .500 (697-698) in league play since joining the Big Ten.

On a side note to add to our mediocrity: I heard during the game something rather stunning, Iowa has broke 19 "dubious" records under Lickliter era.

This just proves we are irrelevant in basketball now.

I know that we are now 13-34 vs the Big Ten under lick...and SA was 74-73 vs the Big Ten...so for the last 10.5 years we are now 20 games under .500....bad decade.

I know that we are now 13-34 vs the Big Ten under lick...and SA was 74-73 vs the Big Ten...so for the last 10.5 years we are now 20 games under .500....bad decade.

Actually it's even worse than that. Alford was not 74-73 against the Big Ten. I don't have it in front of me, but I thought he was something like 43-49. Whatever it was, he was definitely sub-.500.

It has gotten MUCH worse the past 3 years though..

Main Entry: me·di·oc·ri·ty
Pronunciation: \ˌmē-dē-ˈä-krə-tē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural me·di·oc·ri·ties
Date: 1588

1 a : the quality or state of being mediocre b : moderate ability or value
2 : a mediocre person

Main Entry: me·di·o·cre
Pronunciation: \ˌmē-dē-ˈō-kər\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French, from Latin mediocris, from medius middle + Old Latin ocris stony mountain; akin to Latin acer sharp — more at edge
Date: circa 1586

: of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so

By definition I would say that the Hawkeye basketball team under Todd Lickliter is not mediocre, but rather something less than mediocre.

Well I say we save the $$, cut basketball and put it towards the Football Program! Heck at least we could probably get a really nice practice facility and even throw some money at the wrestling program, at least they win!

Actually it's even worse than that. Alford was not 74-73 against the Big Ten. I don't have it in front of me, but I thought he was something like 43-49. Whatever it was, he was definitely sub-.500.

It has gotten MUCH worse the past 3 years though..

No, under SA Iowa was 61-67 in regular season play,and 13-6 in BTT play,so overall vs Big Ten teams our record was 74-73.

Those are the numbers in the record book for Iowa vs Big Ten teams,so technically, SA added to our edge vs Big Ten in his 8 years, which has been wiped out in 2.5 years under Lick.

Mr. Davis was 125-105 in conference play. When is the "next level" coming?
I guess as a fan of Mr. Davis I think that the level he had the Hawks at was not a bad level of play. The teams were pretty consistent getting wins, finishing in the top tier of the big ten, getting into the dance and winning the first round game most of the time. That is when Bowlsby and SA promised to take us to another level and a decade later after every loss some lame posters are calling for the HC to be fired, John Lickliter's knees to be hit on with a lead pipe because of the playing time the kid gets no matter who is susupended or in foul trouble that day. Iowa basketball during my time as a fan under Lute, Raveling, and Mr. Davis was a solid BB program, I would take that back in a heart beat instead of everyone wanting to develop NBA players or get to the final four every other year. It has been a bad decade, Lick has his faults but let's not forget the guy before him that layed the ground work.......his record speaks for it's self.

No, under SA Iowa was 61-67 in regular season play,and 13-6 in BTT play,so overall vs Big Ten teams our record was 74-73.

Those are the numbers in the record book for Iowa vs Big Ten teams,so technically, SA added to our edge vs Big Ten in his 8 years, which has been wiped out in 2.5 years under Lick.

Ok, I wasn't taking BTT into account. Yeah, 61-67 sounds right for the regular season.. I knew it was about 6 games under. :)

Well I say we save the $$, cut basketball and put it towards the Football Program! Heck at least we could probably get a really nice practice facility and even throw some money at the wrestling program, at least they win!
You cannot possibly be serious. <<

Again, back to my last post... How bout the Athletic Department putting some investment into the basketball program. Carver is nice but its used by everyone. The Basketball facilities themselves are beyond mediocre unless you consider the Fieldhouse first class.

Latest posts