Iowa in 2009 road games - ZERO second half points allowed

shonblatt

That's right - Iowa has outscored 3 road opponents 54-0 in the second half this year. Two of those three were also shut out in the second quarter.

This team stands out in a lot of ways, but that might be one of the most impressive stats I've seen.

That is an amazing stat considering WHO we were playing in those games on the road. I really think this Iowa Defense has a chance to do something special in the second half of this year. This bunch seems to set the tone for our offense. During the Wisky game, our defense allowed 10 quick points (just like Penn State) and then they settled down leading to turnovers and our offense finally pick it up. Hopefully this trend continues this weekend and Sparty gets completely shut down and we can finally shut up their confident fans....

And something else.... is that Stanzi has thrown ZERO pick sixes on the road....Seems like we really buckle down in the most hostile of environments, and this Saturday we're going to get yet another chance to prove that fact :)

TheEnigma

Wow that is an amazing stat. I wonder if any other team in the country has done that... If I wasn't at work, I'd research that!

Good find. It is true we are playing our best ball on the road this year. I hope the trend continues on saturday.

Although that is an amazing stat, the fact that we give up quick points and have to come from behind to win, is a big reason why we haven't been getting the national respect. Until that D gives a complete game dominating beat down, the national media will have their doubts.

I'm not saying that we NEED the blessings of the national media either. I rather like the fact that we are still a bit under the radar. The way we have played this year almost reminds me of the way a cat toys with a mouse until it gets bored with the game and decides to fill his empty belly and take a nap.

I would rather be under the radar, keep our guys grounded. I think everyone overlooking them has given them extra motivation to prove themselves.

I also noticed that MSU has scored 204 and given up something like 151 points. They clearly don't have a great defense. If Iowa can exploit them and get up early, I expect a big win.

Latest posts