Iowa Football Offer Special Moment for Jacob Imming, Family

Things aren't going too hot on the recruiting trail here for us lately.
Seems like we haven't landed anyone in forever outside of the transfer. I like the transfer we got from UNI but we've been striking out on every high school recruit. Hard not to correlate that with all of the hullabaloo from earlier in 2020.

Seems like we haven't landed anyone in forever outside of the transfer. I like the transfer we got from UNI but we've been striking out on every high school recruit. Hard not to correlate that with all of the hullabaloo from earlier in 2020.
Now granted I think our class is largely taken care of for this next yr too we aren't looking to sign but a couple kids in this 2nd signing day. But to be swinging and missing on top targets for them and losing em to ISU..... That's not something to sweep under the rug.

A few excerpts from DSM Reg (M. Bain) article 1/27 (Imming):

* For one thing, Imming said he always felt like a priority to Iowa State.

* He said he would talk occasionally with linebackers coach Seth Wallace and recruiting coordinator Tyler Barnes. But he didn't feel as important to Iowa as he did with Iowa State or even Nebraska.

* Imming said the Cyclones' coaches felt younger and more personable.

* But Iowa State just prioritized me so much and made me feel like an asset. It was really a no-brainer.

A bit concerning to hear a few of Imming's comments. Understand it is one case but if you're in the race to land someone you shouldn't be hearing some of these things.

And this is possibly where we're heading to end our RB race .........beyond UNI, Hilson also holds offers from Division II programs Minnesota State, Wayne State and Bemidji State, plus NAIA offers from Grandview and Briar Cliff (per DM Reg).