53921426_10218062759697978_1747696169259106304_n.jpg

One thing I noticed about Megan is her attitude

She gets slammed around, knocked hard to the floor

Gets up and immediately gets back to business

No scowl, no staredowns

Just continues to play solid championship basketball

She is an inspiration

:cool:

Yeah I noticed this yesterday. One of the Maryland players flopped, Megan got called for a BS foul, and Megan still went over to the player and helped her up on her feet.

I also noticed at the end of the game when they were celebrating on the court she noticed the handshake line was almost over so she rushed over to give Maryland a good game.

Good role model for all the kiddos.

One thing I noticed about Megan is her attitude

She gets slammed around, knocked hard to the floor

Gets up and immediately gets back to business

No scowl, no staredowns

Just continues to play solid championship basketball

She is an inspiration

:cool:
After every game she never leaves Carver until she signs autographs & takes selfies for anyone who wants one. She is seriously idolized by younger kids, especially young girls. I saw video of her with some young girls after they beat Maryland last month, she was swarmed by them.

Yeah I noticed this yesterday. One of the Maryland players flopped, Megan got called for a BS foul, and Megan still went over to the player and helped her up on her feet.

I also noticed at the end of the game when they were celebrating on the court she noticed the handshake line was almost over so she rushed over to give Maryland a good game.

Good role model for all the kiddos.

She picked up kind of a silly foul in the 1st half; she challenged a shooter near the elbow, and although it looked like she primarily had ball, she did bring her arm down in a way that almost guarantees a foul. She was a little frustrated by the call for about half a second, and then she huddled up the team and said something to the effect of, "That was stupid, my fault." She took responsibility, she rallied her team behind her, and Iowa continued to roll. If that is handled the wrong way, the whole team can get fixated on calls and officiating, and before you know it nobody is focused on their job.

Did anyone else see the stat that Gustafson personally drew 13 fouls in that game? To get beat on that much and to still stay positive is pretty special.