Iowa Basketball's Luka Garza Wins Abdul-Jabbar Award

I've never had the best ever tweet at me before... Not fair. Let alone congratulating me.

Very well deserved. Garza certainly has a game a guy like Jabbar would appreciate. He should tweet back at him his video of himself hitting hook shots. That'd be awesome.

When I was a sixth grader, I got to meet Lew Alcindor. My gym teacher was a UCLA grad and she was able to get him to come to my school as he was in town because UCLA was playing at Drake. At that time he has the tallest human I ever met! He autographed my hand at the time. Too bad I wasn’t smart enough to get him to autograph something that I could save for posterity. I wonder what a Lew Alcindor autograph would be worth today! Kareem Abdul Jabbar is how he wants to be called these days, so be it. He is a class act however you spell it.

If Luka comes back, things are gunna be a lot easier for him next year, with pretty much every single big name center being gone.

An amazing thing Kareem did was take a whole year because his religion taught him to do it where he lived on the Apache reservation in Arizona and taught basketball.

If Luka comes back, things are gunna be a lot easier for him next year, with pretty much every single big name center being gone.
Oturu, Smith, Watkins, Wesson, Haarms, Teske, Mack

All gone like yesterday.

That leaves Nate Reuvers, Kofi Cockburn and Myles Johnson as best remaining big man foes.

So if he plays against weaker competition next year does his odds then go up for sweeping National POY? :)

If Iowa would have won 5 more games it would have helped even more, but Toppin was always the sexy pick and in my opinion Garza ad an outside chance to winning from the get go.

When I was a sixth grader, I got to meet Lew Alcindor. My gym teacher was a UCLA grad and she was able to get him to come to my school as he was in town because UCLA was playing at Drake. At that time he has the tallest human I ever met! He autographed my hand at the time. Too bad I wasn’t smart enough to get him to autograph something that I could save for posterity. I wonder what a Lew Alcindor autograph would be worth today! Kareem Abdul Jabbar is how he wants to be called these days, so be it. He is a class act however you spell it.

You just had to go and wash your hand didn't you.

If Iowa would have won 5 more games it would have helped even more, but Toppin was always the sexy pick and in my opinion Garza ad an outside chance to winning from the get go.
If Iowa played Dayton's schedule and in Dayton's conference they would easily have picked those five wins, if not more.

Congrats to him and his hard work!

In a perfect world I wish he would have posted, "If only you knew what this meant to my family and ME."

Rather than "what this meant to my family and I." Since he has been in college several years.

Latest posts