Iowa Basketball Looks Disconnected

I wondered how the team would respond with CMac gone. There were times last year where it seemed like they (PMac and others) didn't like his directness and coaching the rest of the team mid-game. But his loss seems to have a bigger issue than I expected.

I've not seen a group of basketball players that so struggle to make open jumpers. That part has me baffled. I turned it off early in 2nd half. Felt bad for the team but no reason for me to have to take that in. Way too ugly if you have a choice.

This is certainly a rebuilding year

The talent is there, for certain, and the Lads will mesh as the season plays on

Things are still somewhat in the experimental stages

We have the sharpshooters who simply need to nail a few threes to open the
middle for Krike and Freeman, who is already establishing a presence

Love Brock's attitude and he will be much more of a factor when he can nail those threes

They just played at two of the Top Ten Toughest Arenas in America

The contrast with Carver and Hilton Coliseum is Drastic

We will see an invigorated team in the next game

Main aspect is that This is a Rebuilding year

Tons-of-cash GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I will go with that, start weak and finish strong, youth will be served, however as I look at the youth, wow, looks like mid-major caliber to me. I always thought Frannie Boy is a mid-major coach, he recruits like that way, and he coaches like that.

It feels like Payton Sandfort is trying to be the guy that steps into the Cmac leadership role. Which I am all for because I don't think you are going to get it from Pmac or Perk. Lol, Rebracca and Cmac are gone, so someone has to do the theatrics of being frustrated because their teammates are not able to defend ballscreens.

I wondered how the team would respond with CMac gone. There were times last year where it seemed like they (PMac and others) didn't like his directness and coaching the rest of the team mid-game. But his loss seems to have a bigger issue than I expected.
See my post in the "Good News Out Of The Beatdown" thread.

Pmac
Perk
Payton Sandfort

You need at least 2 of the 3 to show up every night in order of having a chance to win.
True. You also need Bowen and Dix. They were the players hurt the most when Fran shortened the rotation last year. Now they're catching up on the job.

This is just one of those weird transition years that hit every Iowa coach about every 5 years. The fresh, Dasonte and Dix have more athleticism, generally superior skills but a couple of seniors and Payton have more experience, are bigger and stronger-just more ready for heavy play.

This young group is going to be good. We have all enjoyed five good seasons. The next five will also be good.

This is just one of those weird transition years that hit every Iowa coach about every 5 years. The fresh, Dasonte and Dix have more athleticism, generally superior skills but a couple of seniors and Payton have more experience, are bigger and stronger-just more ready for heavy play.

This young group is going to be good. We have all enjoyed five good seasons. The next five will also be good.

Get this reasonable stuff out of here. Fire everyone!

Well at least in my late teen years I got to watch an Iowa basketball team play in the final four. It is unlikely that any of the younger posters on here will ever get to see that in your lifetime. It’s been over forty years since.

Get used to that in men’s basketball and men’s football.

Well at least in my late teen years I got to watch an Iowa basketball team play in the final four. It is unlikely that any of the younger posters on here will ever get to see that in your lifetime. It’s been over forty years since.

Get used to that in men’s basketball and men’s football.
Well, lucky me! I have lots of reasons to watch Iowa football and basketball, with a final 4 berth being well down the list. Would be nice, of course. I had season ticks as a grad student for that team.

Well, lucky me! I have lots of reasons to watch Iowa football and basketball, with a final 4 berth being well down the list. Would be nice, of course. I had season ticks as a grad student for that team.
That’s awesome!!!

Latest posts