Iowa Basketball is 187-176 since Gary Barta took over

It sure would be nice if the fans showed Gutless Gary the exact same level of commitment to Iowa basketball that he has. That would mean 7905 fans would pay for tickets and show up to watch the games.

The only way to fix this is to increase Gary's buyout. How can you expect him to succeed if he's always looking over his shoulder at people that want to take his job?

The only way to fix this is to increase Gary's buyout. How can you expect him to succeed if he's always looking over his shoulder at people that want to take his job?
Yep. I heard Walmart was interested in hiring Gary for the greeter of their new North Liberty store. Better lock him down for 20 years!

for a whopping .515 win percentage. And YES, that is total games. Including the OOC cupcakes.
Our Big Ten conference record is far worse. 82-111 for a wretched .424 win percentage.
Congratulations, Gutless Gary! You are doing one hell of a fine job!
Give him a pay raise right now. I mean, we could have zero wins. :(

Yep. I heard Walmart was interested in hiring Gary for the greeter of their new North Liberty store. Better lock him down for 20 years!
Would Walmart's theft go up because they would have zero defense guarding the doors or the registers? However, would their investments in products go up with Gary's expert advice on retail sales and management? I'm guessing gender discrimination might also go up among customers in the stores. Jane Myers not welcome.

Actually, my dads a greeter at walmart and their all about to lose their jobs, cause they're getting rid of the position. So my dad has to bid on some other job withing the company and hope he gets it type thing. Sorry to throw that in there.......Go on with the bora-phil!

Honestly i'm kinda torn between, this being Iowa Basketballs version of 2010 (For Iowa football), or whether its one year and lets see what Fran can do next year. Also i have weird random thoughts like is the extension of Fran to quiet the crowd on Ferentz contract. Which i don't believe but the conspiracy theorist side of me questions myself sometimes. Its when i answer myself back you should really worry.

for a whopping .515 win percentage. And YES, that is total games. Including the OOC cupcakes.
Our Big Ten conference record is far worse. 82-111 for a wretched .424 win percentage.
Congratulations, Gutless Gary! You are doing one hell of a fine job!

Yeah but how many guys have graduated?!?!?

Gutless Gary should have to define what he's talking about when he says we are "doing it right". It damn sure isn't basketball!

That's kinda my point....in a snarky, round-about way.

Typically in business when you put together a strategy statement like "Win, Graduate, Do it Right", you put objective metrics to that strategy that tell you if you are successful or not. For example, how many wins (depending on the sport) is "Win"? What % of players have to graduate in order for "Graduate" to be successful? How is he measuring "Do it Right"? Is it based on a maximum number of NCAA minor violations (which every school has)? Is it a zero tolerance on "major" violations? Just putting a strategy statement like that out there with no objective measures to back it up means jack squat as far as I'm concerned.

I'm saying it again. At the N'Western game this Sunday, the Carver crowd needs a chant of.....

"Fire Barta, Fire Barta, Fire Barta"

I'm saying it again. At the N'Western game this Sunday, the Carver crowd needs a chant of.....

"Fire Barta, Fire Barta, Fire Barta"
doesnt seem to roll well enough.

Bye Bye Barta!
Bye Bye Barta!

Goodbye Gary!

Go away Gary! Go Away!

Latest posts