Iowa back in the top 25

Hopefully they can win these next two against lesser opponents. Their schedule gets pretty brutal starting next week.

I don’t think I’ve been on the this is a tournament team bandwagon just yet. If they can go 2-0 this week I’d be pretty close. On the contrary if they lose one this week the schedule gets pretty tough.

5 B1G teams ranked and another 5 in the receiving votes section. The conference is super tough this season. We definitely can't afford to drop either of these next two games.

5 B1G teams ranked and another 5 in the receiving votes section. The conference is super tough this season. We definitely can't afford to drop either of these next two games.

Losing at Penn State would be better than losing to Illinois at home... Hopefully neither happen.

We can't afford to drop any games, but basketball is pretty streaky and teams go through stretches of the season where they either can't win, or they can't lose. Anything on the road is a plus IMO...but if they lose, I won't be sky is falling guy either. I think Iowa can get almost every team they play at home. I know Wisconsin stole one, that doesn't mean Iowa is going to lose to every good team they play at home. That was my point last week when I said, what is the significance of starting 0-3 if they win their next 3? Would it be different if they started 3-0 and then lost 3 straight? Would we feel better? We wouldn't be as optimistic right now. If they lose this week, it could be due to injury. If they lose this week, it doesn't mean they won't get hot and go on another tear later in the year. IMO, this teams been in prove it mode, but they have played like a tournament team all year long.

Last edited:

I agree. Our tournament Hope's job significantly if they lose one of the next 2. If they go 3-1 over the next 4, they will finally be looking good for the tourney.

I don’t think I’ve been on the this is a tournament team bandwagon just yet. If they can go 2-0 this week I’d be pretty close. On the contrary if they lose one this week the schedule gets pretty tough.

Honestly I'm starting to think 8 conference wins gets Iowa into the dance. The B1G is really really strong based on all the metrics. Iowa just needs to avoid those bad losses to Illinois and Rutgers and their resume should be good enough. I think a .500 B1G would lock them into the dance.

Honestly I'm starting to think 8 conference wins gets Iowa into the dance. The B1G is really really strong based on all the metrics. Iowa just needs to avoid those bad losses to Illinois and Rutgers and their resume should be good enough. I think a .500 B1G would lock them into the dance.
10-10 is a lock. 9-11 is fairly likely in. I’m not so sure on 8-12. Four games under .500 in league play is a tough sell. Would definitely need to win at least one BTT game. Our non conference wins have faded about as bad as they possibly could have outside of ISU who is having their own struggles.

10-10 is a lock. 9-11 is fairly likely in. I’m not so sure on 8-12. Four games under .500 in league play is a tough sell. Would definitely need to win at least one BTT game. Our non conference wins have faded about as bad as they possibly could have outside of ISU who is having their own struggles.

Pitt, UConn and Oregon are all still top 85 in the NET rankings so hopefully all 3 can stay in the top 100.

Pitt, UConn and Oregon are all still top 85 in the NET rankings so hopefully all 3 can stay in the top 100.

Top 75 for Pitt would be nice to keep them a quad 2 win.

Would be nice to see Green Bay and UNI start to play well enough to move into quad 3 territory as well..

You might be right, I just believe the B1G is going to get 8 or 9 teams into the dance this year. Lunardi is currently projecting TEN teams from the B1G but that seems batshit crazy. I think its unlikely every B1G team that gets in has a .500 or better record.

But f*ck it....once Iowa beats Michigan we're a lock!

You might be right, I just believe the B1G is going to get 8 or 9 teams into the dance this year. Lunardi is currently projecting TEN teams from the B1G but that seems batshit crazy. I think its unlikely every B1G team that gets in has a .500 or better record.

But f*ck it....once Iowa beats Michigan we're a lock!
If things stay comparable to the current standings 10 teams seems probable to me. There's a clear top 2. There's a clear bottom 4. The other 8 all winning 9 to 13 conference games has to include some good resume wins and a probable berth.