Iowa athlete starts Change.org petition for another year

uihawk82

Allison Wahrman, I think a senior hammer thrower is seeing her last year cancelled. I can see spring sports athletes in outdoor track and field, baseball, softball, etc whatever sports that are just getting started or ready to start could and should get an extra year to finish their 4th year of eligibility. Many will graduate and want to get on with their careers but others might have a chance at records etc.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ncaa-t...iors-eligibility-year-petition-092848893.html

Winter sports are pretty much done so I would leave the wrestlers, swimmers, bball players gymnasts etc out of this idea.

And the article talks about basketball coaches Gino Auriemma etc wanting his seniors to play again if they want. I dont go for that as they have already played a full season. If anything I am hoping as we all are that maybe the last 2 weeks of May could include some postponed NCAA winter championships.

Stay active wrestlers just in case

YOU GET A FREE YEAR!

AND YOU GET A FREE YEAR!

AND YOU GET A FREE YEAR!

JNhU5Tt.gif

And the article talks about basketball coaches Gino Auriemma etc wanting his seniors to play again if they want. I dont go for that as they have already played a full season. If anything I am hoping as we all are that maybe the last 2 weeks of May could include some postponed NCAA winter championships.

Stay active wrestlers just in case
If a (Senior) player is injured in the last regular season game and will be out 6 to 8 weeks they miss the postseason. It’s sad, unfortunate and bad luck. I think similar rationale can be applied in this situation.

Could we sneak Drew Ott into this one more year deal for football?

Nicole Auerbach

✔@NicoleAuerbach

Per source, NCAA sent a note to membership today saying it believes "it will be appropriate to grant relief for the use of a season for competition for student-athletes who have participated in spring sports."

NCAA will start working on issues tied to this & winter athletes.

Last edited:

Latest posts